IBM Sales Representative Security Systems (m/f) in Switzerland
The Sales Representative Security Systems is responsible for developing security-specific solutions that address your client’s business needs and deliver client value while supporting security specific business strategies. You will work to create solutions which are tailored to client’s business needs and integrate the IBM Security capabilities in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition.
Successful candidates will be responsible for all aspects of selling IBM Security products including territory / pipeline management, opportunity identification, Business Partner Collaboration, analyzing IT security requirements of enterprise clients, selecting appropriate IBM solutions, leading PoCs, demonstrations, client workshops and presentations, quotes / pricing, and other proposal development activities.
Successful candidates will:
• Demonstrate understanding of client requirements regarding enterprise security controls, policies and related technologies, and how IBM Security solutions can meet these requirements.
• Be able to recognize compelling reasons for clients and prospects to act upon these requirements, and in turn be able to communicate how to persuasively articulate how comprehensive IBM security intelligence solution(s) can best meet these requirements.
• Be capable of presenting and articulating the differentiated value of IBM Security Intelligence solutions compared to competitors in the market.
• Have experience successfully leading sales teams in complex, competitive sales situations, including PoCs and extensive demonstrations.
• Understand, and be able to articulate to clients, deployment processes and best practices to lower deployment risk and accelerate time to value.
• Show evidence of working cohesively with channel partners to develop customer relationships and ensure clients are provided with the best available IBM solutions.
- german and english fluent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
knowledge of the business and technical trends driving changes in clients’ security investments and operations
a proven track record of hands-on experience with one or more business or technical aspect of Security Operations from the client’s perspective
demonstrable communication skills required to communicate IBM's Security strategy and portfolio to senior client executives, showing differentiated value vs. key competitors across log management, SIEM, flow analysis, vulnerability management, network monitoring, threat data/threat modeling systems and cognitive systems.
ability to execute effective technical accelerators, including demos, as well as basic PoTs and PoCs.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Additional key expertise and skills: Note that no candidate is expected to possess this entire list of skills and experiences. Successful candidates must demonstrate an appropriate mix however.
Strategies for attracting, training and retaining SOC staff.
Deep insight into how client security strategies and budgets are established.
SOC technology procurement strategies and processes.
Cyber incident planning and response.
Deep understanding of enterprise security analytics, including threat analysis and modelling, and applications of machine intelligence.
Experience with PoTs and PoCs, in complex Security environments.
Experience in technical solution design / architecture for security solutions, including capacity and throughput planning, and technical and quality assurance processes.
Understanding, and being able to articulate to clients, deployment processes and best practices to lower deployment risk and accelerate time to value, and overall client satisfaction and success
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.