Pearson Service Now - Senior Software Engineer in Sri Lanka
Service Now - Senior Software Engineer
Supporting and development of Pearson’s ServiceNow environment as part of the ServiceNow Operations team. A strong focus on keeping to and enforcing standard processes whilst delivering quality customer service.
Key Responsibilities and Measures
Supporting the various Pearson business units by resolving incidents, changes, problems and requests raised for ServiceNow and associated customised products.
Enhancing the environment by working together with the wider development team working in agile methodology. Responsible for customizing the ServiceNow software. This includes development, configuration changes, workflows, and scripting. This also includes support for version upgraders , application migrations , integrations to other platforms and applications from or to ServiceNow.
Review requirements and provide solutions that meet both the technical and business needs
Development of the platform configuration and/or process from the stakeholders' future need
Enhancing current or adding new functionality to the platform by developing and implementing solutions that have a user-centric focus
Day to day support for existing features and functionality
Manage operational escalations to ServiceNow via the HI customer portal.
Provide assistance on best practice approaches to development team.
Key part of the team to provide platform wide activities such as regular version upgrades and cloning.
Proactive monitoring to improve system performance.
Proactive knowledge gain of new the features and modules in ServiceNow. Outcomes
Incidents, changes, requests and problems resolved in a timely manner.
Stable ServiceNow environment
Successful enhancements deployed to the production environment.
Qualifications EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Individual should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Information Technology/Management. Individuals who have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or a specialization in the Engineering field will also be considered. Minimum four (4) years of experience in software engineering and design.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
● Experience of any ITSM tool and knowledge of ITIL
- System Integrations
● Ability to resolve L3 issues where customizations require coding amendment. ● Ability to produce enhancements and customizations requiring coding changes
● Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
● ITIL Foundation v3
● Experience with ServiceNow, ServiceNow Discovery tools, ITIL & general ITSM
● 2 years experience with ServiceNow architecture, development, and administration
● ServiceNow System Administration formal education, i.e. Basic and or Advanced System Administration
● ServiceNow CMDB experience
● ServiceNow CMS experience
● Agile methodology and JIRA experience
● Experience working with XML and HTML standards, web services/APIs
● Always Learning
● Customer Focused
● Flexible Approach
● Strong analytical & problem solving abilities
● A team player
● Ability to consistently meet deadlines
● Respected and trusted by peers
● Proactive and ability to work on own initiative
Primary Location: Sri Lanka
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 10, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1800571
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled