WindStream Communications Network Technician II in Virtual Of KY V169 0.93, Kentucky
/This position will be located remotely and will entail coverage for the following areas:////Louisville, KY, Jefferson County, KY, Elizabethtown, KY Radcliff, KY, Fort Knox, KY, New Albany, IN, Clarksville, IN, and Jeffersonville, IN.*/*
Job Responsibilities: - Performs routine installation, maintenance, and repair activities for network systems including voice, data, network, transport, and video equipment. - Presents and conducts self in a professional manner; promotes positive company image to the public. - Completes post installation tests for call processing functionality and AMA testing. Performs monthly routine maintenance tasks. - Coordinates central office translations activities.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Basic math and PC skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Basic understanding of telecommunications voice and data networks.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, components, and applications.
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275 lb.
- Capable of working aloft, climbing, bending, pulling, reaching overhead, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must successfully complete required safety training.
- Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Required to respond to after hour call-outs. Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
*Minimum Requirements: * Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 4 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Kentucky-Virtual Of KY V169 0.93 - 0.97
Job Category: *Field Operations
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Requisition ID: 18000779