Oracle Manager, Performance Test Engineering in Philippines
Manager, Performance Test Engineering
Key Accountabilities / Duties:
Build and lead the Performance Test team.
Define the scope of performance load testing within
the context of each release/delivery.
- Define work intake procedures, prioritization of
tasks, appropriate test measurements and success metrics.
- Plan, deploy and manage the testing effort and
resources for any given engagement.
- Serve as a champion of load and performance
testing. Define and create the performance test plan and strategic
- Work with Product, UI/UX, Architecture, IT Ops and
Development teams in identifying non-functional requirements/performance
criteria to define appropriate performance tests and test environment needed.
- Tap into available resources to understand client
usage patterns and data sizes and reflect that appropriately in load test
- Create high quality, reliable and reusable
performance load tests.
- Conduct performance load test; measure, analyze and
evaluate performance results; establish benchmarks; and provide summary
report/s and recommendation as necessary.
- Work with the development team in the investigation
and resolution of performance related issues and bottlenecks.
- Participate in defect review process and continue
to identify improvements in preventing and early detection of client production
issues related to performance.
- Help support and maintain the goal of continuous
and daily automated load/performance test execution and a proper analysis and
communication of results.
- Advocate improving performance quality standards
and processes during all stages of software development.
- Suggest new tools and techniques to improve
performance testing efficiency.
DesiredSkills and Experience
- Candidate must have at least 10 years relevant work experience in
software performance testing; including at least 3 years as a test
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in a
technology related discipline; Computer Science/Engineering
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of SDLC process and experience in
- Strong background on load testing and tools such as Load Runner, Visual
Studio Enterprise Web Load and Performance Testing, Git, TeamCity, Fiddler,
Dynatrace, SQL Server Profiler, Oracle SQL Developer or other profiling and
- Experienced with creating performance test scenarios from non-functional
requirements and/or User Stories
- Experienced with creating and implementing strategic roadmap for load
testing; design standards, tools, architecture
- Strong knowledge of load balancing, single/multi tenancy, microservices,
cloud, and multi-tier web application architectures.
- Must have applied knowledge and experienced with performance testing
categories such as, but not limited to: stress, load, endurance, volume, and
Proven experience working in both Linux and Windows Operating Systems
Experienced working and proactively collaborates with globally
distributed development teams and business stakeholders, seeking out
information/solution from the appropriate channel/s as necessary
- Excellent organization skills, multitasking ability, manages time
effectively by placing the right focus on value adding operations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent research, analytical, and problem solving skills
Knowledge in NetSuite is a plus.
Willingness to work in a different time zone (if necessary) is a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Oracle Jobs