AT&T Sr. Tech Specialist, Network Architecture in Singapore
• Development of solutions for the customer IBM accounts in Asiapac using existing or best practice templates bearing in mind any cost constraints.
• Definition of overall architecture, technical configuration standards and overall technical management of installations.
• Presales Support, Technical Architecture & Design, Validation, Documentation, Maintenance and Communication of all technical functional elements required to achieve world-class network solutions for AT&T Multi-national Customers.
• Guidance in the delivery of projects in Transition and Transformation to new or existing customers.
• Application of AT&T's Strategic View, SLAs or service standards to all customer networking requirements consistently.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supporting the Data engineering needs of the client's global internal and external communications. Supported technologies/components include: router and switches, load balancer, VPN concentrators, firewall, proxy, and other LAN (incl. Wireless) and WAN technologies (incl. Virtualization & SDN)
• Developing standard design and architectures; the definition of the structures of an IT solution to a business problem
• Performing network assessments and recommend Best Practice network architecture for network performance, capacity, stability, availability, security, and cost efficiency
• Maintaining an in-depth base of IT industry networking knowledge to advise on technical trends and techniques and apply them to the development of solution designs
• Translating customer requirements into technical solutions and functional specifications.
• Definition and maintenance of a Technology Roadmap based on state of the art technology and customer requirements.
Key Competencies and Skills:
The position holder has professional network technical experience or has ideally already worked as network architect working in a busy non-standard customer environment.
- University degree or comparable skills from long term working experience
a. Cisco /Juniper, Security accreditation an advantage.
Several years of experience in managed campus / datacenter network service area
Excellent technical and non-technical skills in the following areas:
a. Proficiency at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration
b. Practical skills and experience with many network application and infrastructure products, technologies, and services
c. Must be able to provide technical leadership for network integration of cross tower services, and transform high-level network solutions into detailed implementation designs
d. Must be able to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate standards in the creation and implementation of the solution whenever project requirements call for or would benefit from the use of standards
e. Must be able to demonstrate mastery of written and verbal communication skills which include the ability to stay on subject, leverage the use of good feedback, and use content appropriate for the audience
f. Experiences supporting enterprise customers and their demanding requirements (Focus on DataCenter / SDN Technologies - Cisco routing and switching)
g. The following certifications or comparable skills are required
Ideally CCIE Certification
CCNP and/or CCDP certification is a minimum requirement
Experience on the following technologies are highly desirable:
VMWare / NSX experience
Firewall experience (Cisco ASA / Checkpoint / Fortinet)
LoadBalancer (F5 (LTM, GTM, iRules, ASM, …))
Proxy Servers (Bluecoat)
Experience of IBM processes
Education and Qualifications:
Should have deep network knowledge level equivalent to at least CCNP/CCIE level and you must be certified.
Flexibility - the customer is supported during their business hours and a degree of flexibility is required in this role. In addition some of the projects may require working outside of these hours. There is the need to travel frequently to meet with IBM and their customer.