Combined Insurance Account Executive/Sales Manager in United States
The sales manager will be responsible for selling hotel guest room, meeting and conference space for the Corporate market segment with focus on Philadelphia, New England and Mid Atlantic regions. This position will be responsible for growing existing accounts and adding new accounts to ensure maximization of revenue in order to achieve budgeted goals. The individual must possess excellent organization and communication skills, be aggressive in targeting new business and cultivating new business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings via solicitations and prospecting calls.
· Manages time effectively. This person will be expected to manage time between sales calls, internal inquires and coordinating existing business.
· Responds in a timely manner to incoming inquiries for business via phone and web
· Ensures business booked is within hotel parameters
· Processes all business correspondence with urgency. Creates proposals, contracts and other business related documentation as required. Manages and maintains account files.
· Understand the overall market for area hotels, competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, and knows how to sell against them.
· Closes the best opportunities based on market conditions and individual property needs.
· Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
· Effectively uses sales resources.
· Develop and maintain good relationships with representatives of local community groups, companies, and industry associations, to promote new business and increase sales.
· Manage any additional responsibilities assigned by Director of Sales
Scope and Dimensions:
Reports To: Director of Sales, Chubb Hotel & Conference Center
Generate revenues for the Chubb Hotel & Conference Center by selling guest rooms, meeting and event space.
· Excellent computer skills with experience in Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook, Delphi preferred
· Possess strong skills in multi-tasking to successfully handle multiple assignments
· Excellent listening skills
· Exceptional detail in follow-up
· Enjoy a team sales approach and able to work with diverse group of team members
· High school graduate or GED required
· Prior experience working in a hospitality sales environment
· 3-5 years of successful experience in proactive hotel group sales and the ability to effectively close business
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong customer service and problem solving skills
· Professional demeanor
· Enjoy asking for business
· Strong qualifying and closing skills
Title: Account Executive/Sales Manager
Requisition ID: 328394