Combined Insurance Actuarial Intern in United States
As a member of Chubb's Actuarial Team, you will help evaluate business opportunities in a given market by analyzing data to identify the potential profitability and possible pitfalls. Armed with this data, we advise top management on ways to balance the anticipated with the unexpected. Typically, our actuaries base their analysis on the demand the business may create, the price required to deliver a reasonable rate of return, and the potential effect of claims on the company's profitability.
Actuarial Interns are located primarily in Philadelphia, PA and Whitehouse Station, NJ. The program offers college students the opportunity to work in one section of our department during the summer. Interns are exposed to many facets of actuarial work and techniques and are introduced to insurance terminology and concepts. In addition to working closely with their supervisor, they are given an opportunity to network with other members of the Actuarial Department.
We looking for individuals who posses math and analytical skills, can effectively work as part of a team, are sophisticated communicators, and enjoy coming up with creative solutions to problems. Qualified candidates should be pursuing a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, or a related field.
* Undergraduate or Graduate Student in Actuarial Science; Mathematics; Science; Engineering; Economics or Finance with a Mathematics foundation. Strong GPA preferred.
* Strong mathematical skills (including calculus, probability, and statistics)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Access
* Solid analytical and problem solving skills
* Communication and influence skills
* Ability to contribute to the attainment of business goals and objectives through teamwork * At least one actuarial exam passed
Title: Actuarial Intern
Requisition ID: 322213