Combined Insurance Adjuster in United States
Purpose:* *Work claims and quality control; be specifically involved in large and complex claims and assist in managing the servicing of claims and quality control.
_Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:_ * To accept, contract, and handle claims as assigned. * Work as many claims as possible. * Assist in resolving complaints from policy holder relative to claims. * Assist in investigating more complex claims. * Complete Quality Control functions as assigned. * Assists with other duties as necessary.
_Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities_
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn the agricultural industry, including an understanding of the kinds of crops produced in the territory; agricultural issues.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn Rain and Hail’s products, services and systems.
- Knowledge of and the ability to learn the underwriting and claim adjustment rules and regulations associated with the Multiple Peril Crop Insurance program, crop-hail program and the other insurance products offered by the company.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with Company personnel, outside resources and customers.
- Ability to use the Company’s terminology, procedures and systems.
- Ability to use department equipment.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to drive a vehicle and maintain a valid drivers license.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
- Ability to work from oral and written communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel away from home for extended periods of time and on short notice.
- Willingness to relocate to another division if requested.
- Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
High School or GED required, baccalaureate degree in Agricultural Business or related field preferred with 1-3 years of experience.
Requisition ID: 324301