Combined Insurance Agriculture Business Underwriting Technician in United States
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: * Takes information from underwriters and agents on renewals, endorsements, and new business to correctly code and rate. * Directs requests for missing information to underwriters and agents. * Evaluates information and determines acceptance or referral to underwriters. * Electronically rates policies, renewals, and endorsements. May also produce policies and endorsements. * Coordinates efforts with underwriting and business units as needed. * May assist in training other underwriting assistants and electronic reporting producers. * Answers routine questions regarding rating and processing for agents; participates in team-based problem solving. * Performs other job duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of or ability to learn rating and forms for Agribusiness lines of insurance.
- Basic knowledge of clerical procedures, including filing.
- Ability to read and understand company procedure manuals and apply information to work tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with Company personnel, agents, outside resources, and customers.
- Ability to train or assist in training of underwriter assistants.
- Ability to learn and use the company terminology, processes and systems.
- Ability to learn and develop skills in the use of department equipment.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to work from oral and written communications.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and follow assigned duties through to completion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
High School or GED required and at least 6 months as an Agribusiness Underwriter Assistant at Rain and Hail or at least one year of previous Agribusiness underwriting experience or a baccalaureate degree.
Title: Agriculture Business Underwriting Technician
Requisition ID: 333584