Combined Insurance A&H Senior Underwriter in United States
*Senior Underwriter- Chubb Accident and Health * * *
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally./__/
This Underwriting position is responsible for the day to day regional Accident & Health underwriting activities.
_ _ _Specific Responsibilities include:_ • Underwrite new and renewal accident and health business
· Achieves profitable growth through effective use of underwriting and business skills in assigned territory
· Work on assigned regional renewals. See that renewal underwriting is started at least 90 days prior to anniversary date and ensure management through completion.
• Maintain performance standards and meet satisfactory quote turnaround times
· Selects new risks based on established company/departmental guidelines and within delegated authority
• Coordinate compliance issues and review of marketing materials and brochures with Compliance Department • Provide communication and direction for all processing requirements, including policy issuance and endorsements, premium registration and collection issues. • Work as a partner with Business Development Team to generate new business revenues by developing prospects, visiting producers, participating in presentations • Partner with Business Development Team to foster a constructive working relationship with all internal partners (regional operations, compliance, marketing, policy issuance, sales and claims) through day to day contact • Collaborate with Business Development Team to prepare budgets, business plans, marketing strategies and establishing long term goals. • Provide backup and rationale for items reported on the Large Case Activity Report. • Manage portfolio of business to ensure monthly/quarterly/annual goals are met. Provide weekly updates of monthly registration. • Follow underwriting guidelines for pricing, risk selection and net retention • Loss frequency analysis; identify, analyze and provide plan for corrective action as necessary. • Actively participate in regional operations forums including National Segment Leader and Commercial Segment Leader meetings. • Assist Regional Management in the preparation of budgets, business plans, marketing strategy and establishing long term goals. Minimum Requirements: • College degree in business related field • Four to six years of Accident & Health underwriting experience with the ability to demonstrate leadership, initiative and influence management skills. • Product focus includes Business Travel Accident, Out of Country Medical, Basic AD&D, Voluntary AD&D and Participant Accident. • Proven ability to provide direction, technical guidance and developmental opportunities to promote team excellence and achieve business goals. • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills • Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility for one’s actions and work product
· Strong sense of responsibility for one's actions and work.
· Strong marketing and communication skills preferred.
• Proven analytical ability to evaluate and judge underwriting risks. • Excellent communication, organization and negotiation skills. • Ability to work within a dynamic and challenging environment – handle multiple priorities - often under tight deadlines. • Ability to adapt effectively with varying market conditions, responsibilities and people in a changing environment. • Travel within region and to home office as needed. • Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access).
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: A&H Senior Underwriter
Requisition ID: 330811