Combined Insurance Assumed Reinsurance Claim Handler in United States
Assumed Reinsurance Claim Handler
KEY OBJECTIVES The Assumed Reinsurance Claim Handler is responsible for all aspects of claim handling on a book of asbestos, long term exposure and environmental assumed reinsurance losses from first notice through resolution with guidance from, and reporting to AVP Assumed Reinsurance.
- Reviewing claim facts and Treaty/Certificate language to analyze and appropriately determine coverage position;
- Drafting coverage letters (denials, reservations, etc);
- Conducting claim investigations, obtaining required documents, maintaining electronic files, and complying with all policies and procedures, as directed;
- Evaluating claims for appropriate reserve/ payment and effectively presenting recommendations;
- Working with counsel/arbitrators on disputed assumed and retroceded claims and preparing and presenting accurate and timely information to management;
- Preparing required paperwork to make accurate payments and financial transactions.
- Ensure that claim information is accurately entered into the claim processing system;
Responds to requests for information from management and retros; MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
4 year college degree and at least some experience or familiarity with long tail claims, either direct, ceded or assumed; or law degree; or 5 years’ experience in handling assumed reinsurance claims.
- Experience interpreting and analyzing the application of reinsurance treaties and certificates.
- Experience managing disputed/litigated coverage matters.
- Some reinsurance claim audit experience.
Detail-oriented. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Significant knowledge of Excel and data management tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office utilities
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
Title: Assumed Reinsurance Claim Handler
Requisition ID: 331223