Combined Insurance AVP, CAT Claim Manager in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The role reports directly to the Central Claim Service Center SVP. The role location can be in any of the 3 Service Centers.
Below are the position’s primary, but not limited to, goals with supporting objectives:**
- Monitor weather and non-weather CAT events to ensure proper preparations are coordinated
- Reporting to Service Center and CAT leadership as needed to prepare for events, included FNOL activity, Claim Inquiry, Assigning and adjusting.
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings as needed to prepare staff and coordinate schedules both during normal business hours and outside of normal business hours if needed
- Manage Service Center capacity during a CAT event
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to run reports and analyze data
- Direct supervision of CAT Examiners
- Ensuring proper CAT coding is in place
- Ensure appropriate and proactive handling activities in all phases of the claim, including coverage, investigation, case management, reserving, and evaluation, negotiation, and file documentation.
- Ensure thorough coverage evaluations, and detailed analysis that are well documented. Escalate and appropriately communicate coverage issues to Property & Service Center Tower leadership as appropriate.
- Ensure effective diary management is being adhered to and identify trends that require positive reinforcement or attention for improvement.
- Ensure all CAT Service Center Property files are handled in accordance with all aspects of the SEP/Best Practices.
- Exposure recognition – Ensure that exposures are quantified as soon as possible.
- Ensure timely & accurate reserve practices are being followed to cultivate favorable reserve adequacy results.
- Collaboratively utilize CAT Tower & Tower field staff resources to minimize use of IAs thereby maximizing opportunities to have Chubb staff providing service to our customers.
- Oversee preparation of LLRs, reserve notifications and risk advisory reports to internal partners per guidelines on all eligible claims.
- Provide a level of service that generates positive commentary and results on surveys indicative of customers being highly satisfied; results should meet or exceed today’s traditional standards (96%).
- Weekend availability is required during CAT events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education or experience
- Designations from CPCU, SCLA, AIC, etc. are preferred.
- Demonstrated management and leadership capabilities.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of claims handling experience.
- Prior leadership experience required
- Personal and Commercial Lines Coverage/contract knowledge.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills;
- Demonstrated effective coaching, mentoring and development of staff
- Agility and effective change management skills
- Knowledgeable in damage assessment
- Verbal and written communication skills, including large-group presentation skills.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: AVP, CAT Claim Manager
Requisition ID: 318385