Combined Insurance AVP, Ceded Reinsurance in United States
Reporting to the Director of Claims of Reinsurance Services, this high profile management position is responsible for providing technical expertise on moderate to complex reinsurance claims. The position manages a claim staff of 5 senior claim analysts in supporting the reinsurance claim functions. The department provides business units and other constituencies with reliable and cost effective processing and reporting services. Other critical functions include a focus on cash flow, process improvements, efficiencies and staff development.
Key Responsibilities: * Identify, review and confirm reinsurance for covered losses * Ensure claims are reported timely and in accordance with the reinsurance contract terms * Verify billings are completed timely and accurate * Respond to reinsurer queries and manage/resolve disputes * Demonstrated ability to interpret policy and contract wording * Track, Monitor and Collect open ceded loss recoverable balances * Report accurate status of billings and collections as required * Manage SOX functions and audit testing (Internal/External) via a QC * Support Chubb business units and interact with brokers/reinsurers * Proactively identify issues and recommend effective solutions * Provide assistance with the monthly close process * Provide technical training to staff
- 10 years of management experience in direct/ceded reinsurance claim operations or similar role with a proven track record of success
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and developed negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and/or adapt to operational, processing and resource changes
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with strong team leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other units within the department, the company and reinsurance partners.
- A law degree is a plus.
Title: AVP, Ceded Reinsurance
Requisition ID: 331314