Combined Insurance AVP, Claims Manager in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The National Desk Unit is within the Property Claims discipline and manages claims arising out of large property programs written on manuscript quota share policies with contract Independent Adjusters as well as Excess and Surplus Lines. The type of claims range from commercial property, engineered risk, inland marine (including Builder’s Risk), energy, small commercial business, and losses reported under multinational property programs.
This management position will oversee a team of five claim examiners while maintaining and handling a smaller pending of Complex and Multinational claims. Daily duties include providing technical guidance and authority through supervision of the investigation, reserving and fair resolution of claims. Monitor work product of claim examiners for compliance with Best Practices, and providing feedback. Ensure the adequacy of reserves, proper valuation of claim settlements, and appropriate use of experts.
This position will report to the VP Claim Leader of the Complex / Multinational Claims. Additional duties include participating in company wide projects and initiatives, compiling data and assist the Claim Leader in drafting monthly and quarterly reports, training and auditing, and presentation of claim trends and large losses to various underwriting groups and other interested business partners.
Position will require occasional travel throughout the United States (5 days or less per month).
Education: College degree preferred or equivalent in education and experience.
- Candidate must have proven technical knowledge in the investigation and analysis of Commercial Property Claims, with a minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in the handling and supervision of Commercial Property Claims. This would include knowledge of insurance contracts, industry trends, and severity and a strong knowledge of Chubb's systems, procedures and philosophy.
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to work in a collaborative fashion with a wide spectrum of people, develop and maintain strong business relationships within Claims and with underwriting partners. Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator with a strong ability to address diverse audiences.
- Candidate must be both service and results driven, highly analytical and detail-oriented with the ability to make timely and appropriate decisions. The aptitude to share and impart knowledge within a team environment and direct and coach field file handlers is essential.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills required. Ability to accept new challenges in a continued changing business environment required.
- Ability to coordinate, deploy and deliver claim service.
- Apply strategic, proactive and innovative skills to develop creative solutions and resolve problems to achieve desired business results.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: AVP, Claims Manager
Requisition ID: 330879