Combined Insurance AVP, Digital Infrastructure Engineer in United States
This position will support the public cloud infrastructure used by the Chubb digital business. Daily activities include public cloud deployment and configuration (Azure as primary option), developing engineering patterns for components, automating/scripting common patterns, implementing and supporting a DevOps toolchain, all within an Agile/DevOps delivery framework.
Key Responsibilities * Implementation of existing Digital Architecture patterns * Technical development of digital engineering patterns. These patterns make up the Public Cloud Catalog of services. * Document and Publish approved Cloud Patterns to inform Development Teams of what tools they have available in the public cloud. * Develop automation scripts for deployment automation and future self-service requests. * Incorporate DevOps into all aspects of development and delivery. End state goal it automated deployment of all solutions. * Key contributor to DevOps tooling design, delivery, implementation, and support. * Collaborate with core IT teams; utilize existing Networking, Security, Monitoring services as needed. * Main contributor of detailed Sprint planning sessions. * Create professional technical documentation. * Major contributor of Public Cloud Service selection. * Creates Environment Build Specifications Documentation / Engineering Patterns. * 24x7 support of digital business infrastructure. Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
* Automated infrastructure and application deployment experience using standard industry tooling and languages.
* Automation experience with on premise Linux / Microsoft Server Components
* Experience or familiarity with Azure technologies.
* Proficient in scripting for automation. (Infrastructure as code)
* Senior level knowledge of deployment automation, networking, Windows Server Technologies, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Public Cloud.
* Mid-level knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Databases (SQL, DB2, Oracle, etc.), VMWare, Application Development Tools, monitoring, firewalls, and general security stack.
* Experience within a DevOps / Agile delivery process.
* Service Monitoring and KPI development
* Experience with designing and supporting complex global solutions spanning many technical stacks and solutions.
* Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to interface with global resources outside of normal business hours.
* Self-starter; needs little administrative guidance.
* Energetic and eager to find solutions to complex problems.
* Strong ability to collaborate with global teams consisting of many technical disciplines.
* Ability to learn and teach new technologies.
Preferred Skills and Experience: * Knowledge / Technical Ability in: o PowerShell o Puppet, Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, Cucumber o JSON o C * Scripting / Automation experience with Azure or AWS technologies: o Provisioning a server VM, storage, PaaS, networking, etc. o Provisioning associated security controls including certificate management, ALC's, Firewall Rules, etc. * Certifications: o Microsoft (Server, Database, Networking, Azure, other) o Cisco o Palo Alto o Security o Agile (DevOps)
Job: *Information Technology
Title: AVP, Digital Infrastructure Engineer
Requisition ID: 317736