Combined Insurance AVP, Legal Vendor Manager in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
AVP, Legal Vendor Manager (North America):
Chubb Claims North America manages in excess of $700 Million in annual legal / defense costs. The AVP, Legal Vendor Manager will work with the vendor management leader and the leadership in claims and will be responsible fordefining and executing upon the Chubb Claims Legal Vendor Management North America strategy. This includes establishing the optimal legal vendor management structure, setting key priorities, and designing and managing critical legal vendor management initiatives.
The key objectives are to establish a best-in-class legal vendor management program including significant cost reduction, improved quality and service levels and disciplined legal vendor performance management. This North American position will report to the VP, Vendor Management Leader (Global).
The AVP, Legal Vendor Manager will manage the litigation management unit which consists of the legal vendor management team and ebilling services. The position will also be responsible for oversight/collaboration with the any third party ebill teams that provide services to North American claims and the law firms utilized.
This position will work closely with the claim department and other business partners to effectively understand the unique needs of claims and recommend, develop, implement and manage solutions for meeting these needs in all aspects of the litigation management process.
The AVP, Legal Vendor Manager will be responsible for providing centralized management of legal counsel utilization and spend including overseeing outside counsel engagement, management, and spend; facilitating sourcing and selection of outside counsel, including contracting/negotiating with law firms; implementing and updating the process for the use of outside counsel including the development of internal processes, procedures, guidelines, and controls for the use of counsel; providing legal market insights and expertise to the claim department; proactively identifying, analyzing and recommending legal cost reduction opportunities; monitoring adherence to internal counsel governance policies and procedures; coordinating law firm evaluations and scorecard generation; and working with all lines of business to obtain high quality, cost effective legal services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and manage operational efficiency and process improvement efforts in litigation management
- Develop, implement and manage litigation management processes, procedures and controls including operational metrics and analytics
- Consult with internal business partners to develop, implement and measure results of outside counsel sourcing process
- Manage Litigation Management Unit
- Effectively lead teas and drive execution; cultivate a work environment that promotes strong performance, diversity and inclusion.
- Direct and manage outside counsel engagement and spend
- Work with UW/Product and claim teams relative to insured’s choice of counsel request
- Drive and manage efforts to maximize the use of internal legal resources
- Drive and manage the business relationship with outside counsel
- Directly participate and coordinate the negotiation of rates and other terms with outside counsel
- Direct and manage litigation management metrics, analytics and reporting process
- Develop and manage feedback process on results of outside counsel
- Bring strategic thought leadership to the business to drive continuous improvement and identify additional cost and legal vendor performance opportunities
- Conduct review, analysis, and refinement of legal vendor panels to optimize utilization, performance and expense
Enhance, lead and execute legal vendor performance management program including law firm reviews, scorecard management, contract compliance, issue resolution and service delivery
Bachelor's Degree, Juris Doctorate preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience in insurance and litigation management
- 7 years of management and leadership experience including the ability to drive high performing teams and execution of complex strategic initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in legal vendor management
- Demonstrated project management experience including continuous process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to independently access and analyze data to produce accurate and actionable conclusions and recommendations
- Superior strategic, development, and implementation skills with demonstrated ability to manage process, high profile projects and legal resources simultaneously
- Demonstrated communication, presentation and negotiation skills including ability to work with and present to senior level management
- Proven ability to create and implement strategic planning and direction while delivering on results
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, proven ability to navigate, influence, and negotiate matrix reporting relationships
- Strong negotiation and problem resolution skills
Interact effectively with stakeholders and executives across business and functional operations
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: AVP, Legal Vendor Manager
Requisition ID: 327255
Other Locations: USA-New Jersey-Jersey City, USA-New Jersey-Basking Ridge