Combined Insurance AVP Risk & Field Consulting - Personal in United States
NYC Risk Consulting Area Manager, AVP
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.Chubb offers a comprehensive and customized approach to managing risk and reducing vulnerabilities. Our innovative personal insurance products and services are designed to help limit threats to the personal wealth and well-being of our high net worth customers and their families.
Our Risk Consultants have a unique opportunity to conduct on-site inspections of some of the most architecturally significant residential properties in the country. During these visits, they are expected to identify and assess policyholder vulnerability to a variety of threats and then develop a customized plan for reducing the potential for loss. Additionally, they evaluate all structures on the property and establish a pre-loss estimate for replicating their features if a loss occurred. It’s not uncommon for consultants to be entrusted with assessing replacement values in excess of $5 million.Job Summary :
The Risk Consulting Area Manager is expected to lead a team which contributes to the growth and profitability of the region. This position is responsible for directing the day to day operation of the risk consulting team in New York City. The candidate should be able to balance the need for productivity with adherence to time service and product quality measurements. The Area Manager will also serve as a technical resource for our sales and underwriting team on a range of personal security, loss prevention and collections management issues. This Manager will be entrusted with immediate authority, work autonomously, and be directly accountable for their teams work product, all within the framework of a rapidly growing organization.
Duties and Responsibilities :
· Responsible for day to day management of a team of NYC Risk Consultants.
· Ensure that established workflows, guidelines and goals are understood and executed upon.
· Responsible for addressing career and training needs on an individual and operational basis. Assesses staff members’ critical strengths and development areas and use this information to support operations.
· Oversee the overall quality of the unit’s performance through regular reviews, audits, joint travel, and analysis. Ensures all members are adhering to authority guidelines and review team member’s work outside their authority. Measure the risk consulting team expertise through periodic audits.
· Responsible for managing risk consulting technical needs in the teams relating to adequately pricing risk and understanding technical complexities associated with course of construction, unprotected risks, condo’s, code compliance, CAT exposures.
· Responsible for collaboration and engagement with Claims in the region including large loss reviews.
· Responsible for collaboration and engagement with Sales and Underwriting within the region.
· Establish exceptional service standards for managing high profile accounts and accounts associated with partner agents.
· Identify and leverage loss control service providers pertinent to the region
· Effectively manage vendors in the region
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 10-12 years of home inspection experience structural valuation, residential construction, residential appraising, property claims or equivalent experience
· Strong competency in architecture, construction quality, residential appraisal
· Management experience
· Agency Relations
· Technical Systems
· Ability to develop/deliver strategic, tailored risk management and loss prevention solutions
· Background in Personal Lines Insurance
· Interpersonal Relationships
· Conflict Management
· Problem Solving/Troubleshooting
· Organizational Sensitivity/Politics
· Service Oriented
· Financial/Budget Management
· Customer Service/Relationship Management
· Effective Time Management/Multi-Tasking/Managing Priorities
· Performance Management
· Planning: Tactical, Strategic
· Staff and Career Development
· Staff Resourcing
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Risk Control
Title: AVP Risk & Field Consulting - Personal
Requisition ID: 328233