Combined Insurance AVP – Southwest Region Commercial Insurance Casualty Manager in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are looking for a strategic and dynamic leader to be based in Dallas and partner with branch and distribution management to profitably grow the Specialty Casualty and Excess Umbrella books of business.
Responsible for the profit, growth and fostering of internal and external relationships of the Specialty Casualty and Excess Umbrella books within the Southwest region. The region is comprised of branches in Dallas, Austin, Houston, Tulsa and Denver. This individual would be directly accountable for the results, including driving new business production and retention efforts for all Specialty Casualty and Excess Umbrella product capabilities for the Southwest Region.
This Manager is responsible for hiring, retention, performance management, compensation and technical training and coaching and development for the Casualty underwriting staff. The Manager is also responsible for advancing the sales and marketing expertise of the Southwest region team. Specific responsibilities include:
* P&L - Accountability (premium, profitability, growth, retention, and expense plans/results) for Specialty Casualty and Excess Umbrella business serviced within the Southwest region;
* Portfolio Management/LOB - Direct profit and loss responsibility for field business; coordination, agency management, and production responsibility across the Specialty Casualty and Excess Umbrella product portfolio. Coordination and collaboration with the P&C Underwriting Center in Phoenix, AZ and Whitehouse Station, NJ.
* Underwriting Strategy Execution - Manages execution of the Specialty Casualty and Excess Umbrella underwriting and renewal underwriting strategy for the Southwest Region. * Technical UW/Referral Resource - In collaboration with Product, serves as technical resource for referrals and underwriting authority. Point of contact for branch risks which fall outside of field authority; coordinate efforts with Home Office/Product and Segment leaders. * Quality Assurance - Monitors underwriting quality. Conducts quarterly self-audits. * Marketplace Focus - Develop opportunities particular to the marketplace and provide customized approaches on market conditions and agency needs in coordination/collaboration with the local Commercial Insurance and Branch Manager.
* Marketing Strategy and Execution - Works closely with Field Operations on development and execution of marketing strategy and coordinates marketing and production activities within the Southwest Region in coordination/collaboration with the local CI and Branch Manager.
* Business Development - Directs business development activities and provides guidance for implementing sales and/or product launches. * Producer Management: - Responsible for managing regional/local producer plant; responsible for cohesive and consistent agency management strategies across the Southwest region. Facilitates product education/appetite. * Budget and Expense Administration - Oversees business and budget planning for all business produced within Specialty Casualty and Excess Umbrella portfolios. Ensures effective expense administration. * Staff Development and Staff Administration (including Performance Management and Compensation) – Accountable for new hire onboarding, training and developing, succession planning, culture of inclusion, coaching and mentoring and retention of staff. Ensure effective deployment of staff; maintain mentoring / succession relationship with several High Potential Underwriters within the Southwest Region. Oversee workflows, staffing resources, and appropriate application of technology to ensure efficient, cost-effective field operation. Collaborate with HR on performance management and compensation processes. Qualifications and Competencies: * Understanding of middle market casualty including Specialty Casualty and Excess Umbrella products and appetite * Strong understanding of field distribution plant (broker, regional, independent agents) * Strong people management skills * Strong technical/underwriting leadership skills to manage a team of multiline and multi-product commercial underwriters * Advanced marketing and sales skills * Builds Strategic Relationships * Drives Customer Focus * Demonstrates Agility * Drives Execution * Exerts Operational Decision Making * Exhibits Skillful Communication Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: AVP – Southwest Region Commercial Insurance Casualty Manager
Requisition ID: 328960