Combined Insurance AVP Underwriting Manager in United States
/Chubb Surety is currently interviewing for a Home Office Surety Underwriting Manager. Based in Whitehouse Station, NJ, the Underwriting Manage will actively manage a team of underwriters as well as underwrite local and regional construction accounts based in the New York, Cincinnati, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kansas City, San Francisco and Los Angeles offices./
/Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally./
/Chubb Surety is the 5thlargest domestic surety. With over 130 years of surety experience, Chubb manages many of the largest, most successful contractors in the country, including 40% of the ENR 400 Top Contractors list./
Surety Underwriting Manager
- Assist and support the Surety Director in achieving strategic goals and financial targets ensuring strong revenue growth based upon market conditions and credit terms.
- Keep Surety Director informed on all pertinent matters relating to underwriting on accounts, people management, home office issues, as well as any new developments in their absence.
- At Surety Director’s discretion, act in their absence; demonstrate leadership in their respective area and throughout Surety by acting as a positive role model, promoting developmental goals and strategies.
_Underwriting/Credit Management Responsibilities:_
- Make independent decisions within given authority regarding the acquisition of new business as well as in the underwriting of existing business.
- Effectively manage the dual underwriting process and assist the underwriters in their dual underwriting activities.
- Work with Surety Director, other Home Office and Field underwriters, Credit Manager, and General Counsel as part of the overall management and underwriting of the book of business.
- Manage the underwriting process to maintain the integrity of the overall surety portfolio
- Ensure accounts comply with credit matrix
- Travel as needed to effectively manage respective area, agency and account relationships.
- Act as a resource to answer questions, hold discussions and make recommendations on specific underwriting issues and on general underwriting best practices
- Provide product, industry and pricing training to respective area
- Promote and support a diverse, positive, and open work environment by promoting, hiring and retention of diverse candidates, and by encouraging an atmosphere of open communication
- Interview, hire and train new employees in conjunction with Surety Director
- Assist the Surety Director with preparation of the annual premium and expense budget, evaluating expense requests and making modifications to comply with department expense management goals
- Proactively promote Chubb Surety in the marketplace
- Build and maintain effective relationships with new and existing customers and producers
- Explore opportunities to cultivate new relationships, attend and participate in industry related functions
- In conjunction with Surety Director, establish and implement procedures and policies to ensure exceptional service to both internal and external customers
- Provide quality control for respective area through review of files and the monitoring of adherence to established procedures and practices
- Be responsible, along with Surety Director, for pricing adequacy, underwriting and producer management
- Travel is a critical and integral component of the job in dealing with underwriting and producer management issues
- Participate as needed and provide input on special departmental projects
- Significant surety underwriting or related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Advanced leadership and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to priorities and simultaneously manage multiple responsibilities
- Significant financial and business analytical skills that relate to the surety product line
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult credit and producer management decisions
/Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: AVP Underwriting Manager
Requisition ID: 329569