Combined Insurance Business Analyst in United States
This Business Analyst position is part of the Chubb Limited Business Insights Business Analysis team, supporting corporate and management reporting throughout the company. While our current primary focus is on delivering value via our Business Analytics Repository (BAR) and MIS 2.0 capabilities, we provide business analysis support to all of Information Management. In addition to Business Insights, the Information Management team includes Data Management, Data Governance, Information Delivery, Information Architecture, Analytics and Innovation. We are also transitioning into a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment, continuously changing the way we work. The responsibilities of this position will be to provide business and data analysis support for management reporting deliverables as prioritized by our business partners.
* Collaborate with business and IT to define and manage project scope. Manage requirements throughout the Change Delivery Framework (CDF). Collaborate with Project and Product Managers to manage business partner expectations.
* Elicit requirements using techniques such as interviews, workshops, working sessions, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
* Analyze and document business requirements for business requests while using industry standard analysis techniques such as business process modeling, data flow modeling, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis and business rules definition.
* Collaborate with technical resources to provide input to the solution design.
* Collaborate with development team to ensure that designed solutions satisfy the business requirements. * Work with business partners and development team to help define acceptance criteria and collaborate with business partners as needed during user acceptance testing to ensure that the solution meets the business requirements. * Provide input to the QSS team test strategy and approach to ensure that the designed solutions satisfy the business requirements. * Collaborate across business and technology functions to ensure comprehensive business solutions are implemented. * Collaborate with business partners to analyze, scope, and effectively prioritize product backlog * Planbusiness analysis activities. Develop estimates for business analysis tasks. Remain accountable for managing to those estimates.
_Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:_ * Strong complex data analysis, gap analysis, validation, and reconciliation skills. * BI reporting support, requirements gathering and documentation experience. o Self-serve reporting experience (QlikView). o Structured reporting experience (Cognos) – nice to have. * Source to target data mapping skills. * Strong SQL skills. * Data transformation experience. * Focus on continuous improvement. * Foster team collaboration and open communication. * Remove obstacles that slow down or prevent work completion. * Ability to see the big picture while paying close attention to the details. * Detail-oriented and thorough, with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines. * Flexible and effective at multi-tasking. * The ability to establish positive relationships with IT staff and business partners. * Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. * Operate effective in a variety of formal and informal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups. * Pro-active with issue identification, resolution, and documentation. * Understand and apply Chubb IT standards, designs and documentation standards into the recommended project artifacts. These will be newly defined in 2019 for Agile. * Experience or knowledge in insurance financial and/or management reporting. * Bachelor’s Degree.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 327508