Combined Insurance Business Intelligence Senior Analyst in United States
The Claims Business Intelligence (BI) Sr Analyst is responsible for working with Claim business partners to support integration of BI tools, provide production support, manage issue resolution, manage BI / reporting requests, and support testing and documentation efforts. This position requires technical competencies in data analysis and strong organization skills.
- Serve as the primary business contact for Claims BI tools across the Claim Department
- Support integration of BI tools into existing workflows (i.e., provide basic training, support change management activities)
- Provide production support and hold accountability for issue resolution end-to-end (i.e., issue intake, triage, issue tracking, stakeholder impact & communication, resolution)
- Utilize problem solving and critical thinking skills to glean insights from analysis
- Partner with IT and other Claim Department resources to analyze data quality issues, identify root cause, and propose solutions
- Document and track enhancements and adhoc reporting requests, and support prioritization process
- Define, confirm, and document with business any new BI or reporting needs, including adhoc reports
- Conduct thorough testing on new applications or enhancements; develop processes to systematically check data/application quality for scheduled refreshes
Conduct peer review of new or existing reports (adhoc or scheduled)
Partner with the Claims Data Solutions Team, Claims BI/Actuarial Insights team and IT members to support Claims BI initiatives
Develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation, including user training materials
Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, computer science, economics or other quantitative field
- 3 years of experience with data analysis and reporting tools; ability to use basic SQL to develop queries; Qlik Sense development experience is a plus
- Prior quality assurance testing experience is a plus
- Prior Agile methodology experience is a plus
- 5-10 years of experience in the insurance or financial services industry
- High attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to establish positive relationships with IT staff, business partners and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to assess business problems with objectivity and challenge stakeholders as needed to drive optimal solutions without compromising Claims BI strategic goals
- Must be pro-active with issue identification and resolution
- Dynamic and enthusiastic with capacity to work independently and take initiative
- Self-motivated and innovative with the ability to set direction, manage own work.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (including Excel, Power Point, Word).
Title: Business Intelligence Senior Analyst
Requisition ID: 322480