Combined Insurance CAT Claims Specialist in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a member of the dedicated National Catastrophe Team, this position requires dedication to providing exceptional outcomes and the requirement to work extended hours and weekends during major CAT events.
Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex personal and commercial desk adjusted losses, typically of <$25,000 in damages.
Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex personal and commercial desk adjusted losses assigned to IA‘s typically <$100,000 in damages.
Manage routine litigation.
Proper use and management of outside vendors, consultants, field investigations and expert witnesses; audit and reconcile costs and fees. Refer cases to appropriate legal resources.
Adhere to litigation management guidelines, manage legal expenses.
Obtain and document information on the circumstances of the case, and obtain supporting evidence of losses and coverages.
Set initial reserve and continue evaluation as facts change, making changes or recommendations for reserve changes.
Establish and execute disposition plan with supervisor input.
- 2 years inside property claims experience handling similar claims is needed for this position.
- Knowledge of claims handling procedures, philosophy, legal concepts, terminology, financial concepts for reserving, & determining losses, negotiation & settlement techniques.
- Interpersonal & communication skills to work effectively in a team environment by applying the Business Practices and Shared Values.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to work in a highly productive environment.
- Utilize computer systems including Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, Lotus Notes. Experience with Xactimate Estimating or other estimating platform strongly recommended.
- Strong customer service/telephone skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Title: CAT Claims Specialist
Requisition ID: 327636