Combined Insurance Catastrophe Systems Analyst in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a member of Corporate Catastrophe Solutions, this individual will be part of our Systems Team, supporting insurance and reinsurance applications related to catastrophe modeling and pricing. Working closely with our partners in IT, the team member willprovide analytic support for methodology changes, system enhancements and deployment validation. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a keen interest in applying analytical skills to help solve property insurance underwriting problems.The position offers great opportunities to engage with a variety of specialties across Chubb, from Underwriting to Actuarial to Catastrophe Risk Management.
- Design and execute detailed validation of all CAT System updates and enhancements
- Investigate exposure and model loss changes across multiple lines of business using catastrophe modeling software
- Provide CAT System user community with analytic support for questions on catastrophe modeled losses and pricing
- Field and respond to system issues as part of cross-functional team
- Contribute to system documentation and user training
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in technical/quantitative field (e.g., Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Physical Sciences, Computer Science, etc.)
- Understanding of analysis techniques like statistical methodology, numerical techniques and data manipulation
- Experience with RMS (RiskLink/RiskBrowser) and AIR (Touchstone) software a plus. (Re)Insurance industry experience a plus as is interest in pursuing actuarial designation.
- Self-motivated learner with desire to attain ‘super user’ status across multiple systems
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Excel and SQL
- Excellent analytical, communication and organization skills
/Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Risk Management
Title: Catastrophe Systems Analyst
Requisition ID: 333506