Farmers Insurance Chief Actuary - Farmers New World Life in United States
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Chief Actuary FNWL directs and is accountable for Farmers Life’s actuarial policies, programs, and activities. This includes the appropriate valuation of contingent elements of the company’s financial statements, including loss reserves; and the development of employees, techniques, and tools for quantitative analysis applicable to advancements in financial forecasting, and risk measurement and management. This person serves as an executive of Farmers Life with responsibility to provide analytical and strategic perspective for key decision making.
Essential Job Functions
- To lead the preparation of all actuarial financial reporting (IFRS, statutory, tax and Economic Value) in compliance with local regulation, IFRS and Zurich standards and policies.
- To oversee the company’s reinsurance arrangements and develop the reinsurance strategy
- To lead preparation of actuarial inputs into planning and projection information for the company’s business
- To support the attainment of the company’s sales, financial and customer service goals
- To manage hiring, team development, objective setting and performance reviews
- Strong Leadership and influencing capabilities
- To partner with Farmers Life executive team in driving key initiatives of the business plan
- Close collaboration with the Head of Product Management regarding the development and pricing of competitive life insurance products
- Daily interaction with senior executive group of Farmers Life
- Direction of responsibilities of senior staff
- Frequent interaction with Zurich Group executives and staff
- Represents Farmers Life as Chief Actuary when communicating with rating agencies, regulators, external and internal auditors and the board of directors
Strong internal collaboration; Key member of the Company Executive team Experience Requirements
Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries
- Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries
- 10 years of relevant, responsible supervisory level experience in life insurance management
Working knowledge and expertise in US life insurance products, pricing techniques, valuation standards, insurance law, accounting standards, technology capabilities and economic markets Special Skill Requirement
Critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical capability
- Effective relationship building skills
An understanding of the balance of shareholder, agent and customer interests
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Chief Actuary - Farmers New World Life
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 190004JO