Vinnell Arabia Chief, Maintenance Operations in United States
Lead Change; provide technical and maintenance management to all VA and MNG entities in order to assist in improving logistics functions and DS/GS maintenance organizations. Coordinate, synchronize, integrate, review, analyze, report and make recommendations on trends and ways to improve effectiveness and efficiencies of Maintenance functions. Provide management training and assistance in all areas of Maintenance operations. Track maintenance and Service status, provide training on current and newly developed maintenance management operations and processes as directed. Review all maintenance related documents, policies, and activities to ensure compliance with stated standards. Provide the Manager of the Materiel Readiness Center (MRC) with maintenance related functional advice and assistance.
- Lead Change in Maintenance Operations, Training, and Organization.
- Plan, coordinate, synchronize, integrate, review, analyze, report and make recommendations for improvement to all Maintenance operations and training within Vinnell Arabia’s current and future contract requirements.
- Keep running estimates and conduct Concept of Support development in support of Vinnell Arabia Sustainment Operations.
- Provide technical and management assistance to Commanders of Logistics Units in coordinating, planning and execution of daily Maintenance operations. Provide assistance in support of MNG logistics operations and management.
- Plan and assist training Maintenance Management operations to include: scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and transition to future MNG Logistics Information Systems (LIS) when fielded.
- Plan and assist training as required on all Maintenance systems and operations for all Vinnell Arabia current and future contract requirements, to include all MNG units on producing reports, updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), establishing and conducting Maintenance operations.
- Evaluates and provides advice on management of Maintenance Operations.
- Performs other missions and administrative duties as required by the Manager, Material Readiness Center.
B. Independence: Acts under the general supervision of the Manager, SOB. Performs to a large extent under own responsibility and choice of methods.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Two (2) Maintenance Personnel.
A. Education Level: Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or U.S. military training in maintenance management. Major 91 Ordnance Officer or Warrant Officer 915A graduate of Senior Level Leaders Course, or logistics management course or another US Service Equivalent. Educational level may be substituted with experience on higher level automated logistics management operations.
B. Experience: Fifteen years’ experience in military logistics or equivalent activities with emphasis on Direct Support /General Support maintenance. Experience in wheel and track vehicle systems maintenance at the Direct Support /General Support levels. Background in establishing and implementing repair procedures and priorities for maintenance programs.
C. Specific knowledge, skills, abilities and requirements: Knowledge of principles and procedures of military Maintenance operations and management. Knowledge of new equipment training, training management, and on-the-job-training program requirements. Must be computer literate. Must communicate effectively in both oral and written forms. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Category: Logistics and Maintenance Training