Vinnell Arabia Chief of Operations (CHOPS) in United States
Provide initial MNG Automation training to automation trainers on interim system and all newly developed systems. Provide the Manager, Supply Operations Branch (SOB) with automation related functional advice and assistance. Review all automation related correspondence and activities. Coordinate users’ requirements with automation software and hardware developers for all newly developed systems.
- Develop training plans for all regions (Central, Western and Eastern), Logistics Base Command (LBC), Modernized Brigade and separate units on automation system analysis, proper processing of maintenance logistics data and other automated related functions.
- Train all regions (Central, Western and Eastern) LBC, Modernized Brigade and separate units on identifying, researching and resolving systemic problems of the new MNG ALSS when fielded.
- Train all regions (Central, Western and Eastern) LBC, Modernized Brigade and separate units on producing reports and providing data processing services.
- Work in close coordination with MNG General Directorate of Information Center (GDIC) to sustain operational readiness of the micro-computer based automation networks, containing wholesale and retail stockage levels and property accountability data base.
- Train Automation Section on how to update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Performs other missions and administrative duties as required by the Manager, Supply Operations Branch.
*B. Independence: *Acts under general supervision of the Manager, Supply Operations Branch, with considerable latitude in choice of methods in accomplishing broad objectives.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: One (1) Senior Trainer and two (2) Assistant Trainers.
A. Education Level: Associates Degree in Computer Science/Information System. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Commissioned Officer 25A – Signal, Warrant Officer 255A – Information Service Technician, successfully completed the Warrant Officer Advance Course (WOAC), Senior Non-Commissioned Officer 25B – Information Technology Specialist and graduate of Senior Level Leaders Course, or logistics automation management course. Education level may be substituted with experience on higher level automated logistics management operations.
B. Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in U.S. Army logistics activities with emphasis on staff logistics automation system. Experience in supervision, planning, and operations at higher level logistics related staff activities on logistics support automation management.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, ability, and requirement: Knowledge of commercial computer software including database software, and of local area network (LAN). Knowledge of principles of office automation and computer system analysis; variety of hardware, and operating systems. Must have a strong working knowledge of the functional integration of military supply and distribution systems. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must be computer literate and be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
Category: Logistics and Maintenance Training