Combined Insurance Chubb Associate Program - Jr. Developer in United States
/Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally./
About Chubb’s Information Technology Early Career Development Program
Chubb is looking for professionals with a Bachelor’s Degree to join our Early Career Development Program. This is a permanent full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company. As the industry leader, Chubb is an employer of choice for students aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company with offices in most major US cities.
Chubb's Information Technology group manages all of our critical business systems and data including, for example, information about customers, rates, premium and expenses. Our Information Technology team is dedicated to creating competitive advantages in products, customer services and business costs by driving digital transformation in our business with a modernized focus on agile methodology and data analytics.
At Chubb, we have designed our Early Career Development Program to hone your skills and talents, to help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Early Career Development Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company. Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with many of our senior executives. As part of this program you will receive: * Business training unique to a career at Chubb; * Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry; * Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills; * Access to additional training to compliment your professional development. Position Summary:
- We are seeking an individual who is eager to learn, grow and start his/her career in a fast-paced environment. The individual needs to have the ability to learn technical concepts quickly and have the desire for independent continuous learning due to the fast paced nature of changing technologies and methods in Information Technology. If you are motivated to learn, Chubb IT is the best place for you to start your career.
- Gather and analyze requirements to solve complex business problems
- Translate business requirements into system requirements and specifications
- Design, develop and deploy Qlik Sense and/or Qlikview Analytics
- Proficiency in SQL database design and SQL programming, including stored procedure and table joins
- Act independently at times and serve as a technical expert in Business Intelligence and data analysis
- Leverage thorough understanding of business and system processes to make recommendations and propose technical/non-technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Strong data analysis/interpretation & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with customer to design solutions
- Works with 3rd party vendors and in-house developers, business/technical analysts, and testing resources to deliver key objectives of assigned projects
- Understand and apply corporate IT standards, ensure SOX and Audit compliance
- Ensure designs and solutions align with architecture standards and guidelines
- 0-2 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Business, Information Management or a related field
- Plus if experience developing and deploying BI Solutions.
- Experience with Data Integration, Modeling, Analytics or Reporting
- Plus if exposure/experience working with Qlik Sense/or Qlikview Analytics
- SQL development experience
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Passion for learning
- Good listener and open to different points of view
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Knowledge of MS-Office or Office 365
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Orientation toward details / / / / Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb: * Results orientation:a demonstrated ability to meet commitments under pressure * Practical intellectual adaptability:capable and successful at adapting to new knowledge * Personal capacity:accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time * Communication skills:an ability to communicate successfully in various settings * Interpersonal/team skills:works effectively with colleagues at all levels * Self-leadership:an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed * Client focused:understanding of the needs of customers and clients * Work ethic:a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct /Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. /
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Chubb Associate Program - Jr. Developer
Requisition ID: 323392