Combined Insurance Chubb Associate Program - Jr. Developer in United States
/Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally./
About Chubb’s Information Technology Early Career Development Program
Chubb is looking for professionals with a Bachelor’s Degree to join our Early Career Development Program. This is a permanent full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company. As the industry leader, Chubb is an employer of choice for students aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company with offices in most major US cities.
Chubb's Information Technology group manages all of our critical business systems and data including, for example, information about customers, rates, premium and expenses. Our Information Technology team is dedicated to creating competitive advantages in products, customer services and business costs by driving digital transformation in our business with a modernized focus on agile methodology and data analytics.
At Chubb, we have designed our Early Career Development Program to hone your skills and talents, to help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Early Career Development Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company. Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with many of our senior executives. As part of this program you will receive: * Business training unique to a career at Chubb; * Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry; * Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills; * Access to additional training to compliment your professional development. Position Summary: This is an entry level developer position that will assist in designing, developing, configuring and testing web apps, mobile apps, APIs and more. It is a challenging opportunity with great potential to build your career as a strong insurance technologist while driving the insurance industry in general into the digital world. This role will be a contributor to agile teams by providing services that ensure Chubb is aligning technology efforts with business information needs.
- Design, develop, test and deploy applications, services, APIs & more.
- Create apps that interact with all kinds of APIs and process the response.
- Convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers.
- Develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
- Perform various QA/Testing functions within the team
- Provide strong support in cultivating an environment that encourages the use of data to support problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
/ /Position Qualifications:
- 0-2 years of experience in development of application and components with C#, .Net Core, MSSQL Server is required.
- 0-2 years of experience or understanding if XML, XSL, XSLT and XPath, etc. is desired
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business, Information Systems, Education, Communication or Insurance
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
- Excellent written/verbal skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Ability to interact well with various levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly learn Agile Methodology & associated processes
- Orientation toward details
- Works successfully in a team environment and independently
- Ability to quickly adapt to change / / / / Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb: * Results orientation:a demonstrated ability to meet commitments under pressure * Practical intellectual adaptability:capable and successful at adapting to new knowledge * Personal capacity:accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time * Communication skills:an ability to communicate successfully in various settings * Interpersonal/team skills:works effectively with colleagues at all levels * Self-leadership:an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed * Client focused:understanding of the needs of customers and clients * Work ethic:a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct / / /Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. /
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Chubb Associate Program - Jr. Developer
Requisition ID: 323298