Combined Insurance Chubb Associate Program - Jr. Infrastructure Engineer in United States
About Chubb’s Information Technology Early Career Development Program
Chubb is looking for professionals with a Bachelor’s Degree to join our Early Career Development Program. This is a permanent full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company. As the industry leader, Chubb is an employer of choice for students aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company with offices in most major US cities.
Chubb's Information Technology group manages all of our critical business systems and data including, for example, information about customers, rates, premium and expenses. Our Information Technology team is dedicated to creating competitive advantages in products, customer services and business costs by driving digital transformation in our business with a modernized focus on agile methodology and data analytics.
At Chubb, we have designed our Early Career Development Program to hone your skills and talents, to help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Early Career Development Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company. Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with many of our senior executives. As part of this program you will receive:
* Business training unique to a career at Chubb;
* Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry;
* Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills;
* Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
As a member of Chubb's Infrastructure Engineering Team, you will help to design and develop an automation strategy for the Chubb Infrastructure team. Learning and developing scripting skills using tools like Ansible, VMWare vRealize Automation, PowerShell and Unix/Linux scripting are key to a successful candidate. The initial focus will be assisting the team to identify and develop scripts to deliver infrastructure services in an expedited manner.
You will be a member of a core team focused on the design and 3rd level support of Chubb’s Windows, UNIX/Linux, Storage, and VMWare Virtual Infrastructures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
* Learn and develop capabilities using VMWare virtualization technologies.
* Learn and develop scripting capabilities using a variety of tools such as Ansible, VMWare vRealize Automation, Power Shell, and Unix scripting.
* Support Infrastructure Engineering team defining and developing automation capabilities.
* Build an understanding of Windows Server and Unix hosted systems
* Develop a good understanding of Networking concepts.
* Support projects/initiatives in contributing to Major Programs to be delivered by IT, for “Always On”, “Always Secure”
* Develop and maintain platform documentation * Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing, diverse environment and a willingness to accept ownership and responsibility in supporting Chubb’s IT infrastructure. / /Position Qualifications:
- 0-2 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering,Business, Information Management or a related field.
- We are looking for individuals who can successfully work as part of a team, are sophisticated communicators, able to manage time effectively, and enjoy finding creative solutions to problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills / / Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb: * Results orientation:a demonstrated ability to meet commitments under pressure * Practical intellectual adaptability:capable and successful at adapting to new knowledge * Personal capacity:accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time * Communication skills:an ability to communicate successfully in various settings * Interpersonal/team skills:works effectively with colleagues at all levels * Self-leadership:an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed * Client focused:understanding of the needs of customers and clients * Work ethic:a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct / / /Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. /
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Chubb Associate Program - Jr. Infrastructure Engineer
Requisition ID: 324931