Combined Insurance Chubb Global Risk Advisors: Ergonomics Consultant in United States
Chubb Global Risk Advisors: Ergonomics Consultant
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Global Risk Advisorsis a global consulting enterprise whichprovides health, safety, environmental, and engineering services to clients across the globe.
/Chubb Global Risk Advisors will be the preferred provider of consulting and compliance services in the unbundled market while maintaining our underwriting and loss control capabilities to support Chubb. Our relentless focus on the customer experience will build our brand preference. Our customers will define us as customer-focused, experienced, flexible, creative and efficient./
* * Scope
The Ergonomics Consultant (Northern California) is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing business plans as it relates to the occupational and office ergonomics operations for our clients while ensuring technical excellence.
In this role, the Ergonomics Consultant will be responsible for the development of ergonomics based safety and loss mitigation practices, conduct multi-line ergonomic risk assessments, perform basic ergonomic awareness training for employees, and the development of risk and work injury management consulting programs for our clients in the health, high tech and service industries.
- Deliver ergonomic based services and deliverables to clients.
- Create and sustain relationships with HS&E Consultants, HS&E Management, clients and business partners.
- Apply ergonomic standards, guidelines and codes relating to office/health high tech/service industries.
- Assess current, and prospective, client operations to determine scope and type of business, processes and product/services required, particularly as it relates to office ergonomics.
- Determine adequacy of hazard controls in all areas of coverage/exposure through stakeholder interviews, onsite observations, and loss/incident report review.
- Determine the appropriate loss control intervention(s) and alternatives based on the clients’ hazards and loss control problems as it pertains to office related issues.
- Assist clients on implementation of office ergonomic programs.
- Provide recommendations for office ergonomic solutions as it relates to workstation set-ups; furniture; peripherals and special equipment.
- Use technology to provide state of the art risk assessment and benchmarking tools, both on-site and remotely.
- Engage in new business and renewal presentations.
- Engage in new business, expansion and retention business development opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Efficient and cost effective delivery of field resources with results and measurement systems in place.
Qualifications * Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Human Factors, or related degree. Master’s degree a plus. * Recent graduate to 3 years of experience in a professional consulting firm or directly related field preferred. * Development towards professional designations that relate to ergonomics and/or safety with ability to be eligible to take certification exams within 1 year of hire. * Ability and willingness to travel, upwards of 50% of the time. * Ability to manage deadlines and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. * Strong organizational & communication skills. * Ability for accuracy, efficiency, quality and the use of good judgement. * Strong research and analytical skills. * Valid driver’s license.
_Desired Skills and Behaviors:_ * Ability to combine logical and conceptual thinking to draw conclusions from complex information and situations. * Demonstrate initiative, ownership and innovative thinking in seeking and addressing opportunities for correction or overcoming challenges. * High energy with a strong willingness to learn and seek certifications in the Ergonomics field. * Team player with the ability to develop relationships and work well with others. * Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Professional Activities (Preferred): * ASSE member (general) and member of sub-specialty for ergonomics.
/Chubb Global Risk Advisors is a service of ESIS®, Inc., a Chubb company. Chubb Global Risk Advisors provides one of the industry’s broadest selections of health, safety, environmental and property solutions, including both pre- and post-loss services. We work side by side with a wide variety of clients around the globe to help them protect property, prevent injuries to employees, and care for our environment. Our team is comprised of individuals who embrace creativity, have proven ability to help companies manage risk, and an unparalleled track record of enabling clients to enhance organizational practices in innovative ways that measurably impact financial results./ / / / Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Risk Control
Title: Chubb Global Risk Advisors: Ergonomics Consultant
Requisition ID: 328973