Combined Insurance Claims Digital - Business Analyst in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
_Job Description:_Business Analyst
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join Chubb’s Digital Claims Processing (DCP) team preferably with experience in writing requirements and user stories with P&C insurance understanding. This person will also have a solid set of experience working with various functional areas such as Claims, Underwriting, Operations, Product Development, and I/T in order to obtain and complete requirements in an Agile environment.
The Business Analyst will provide analysis support for the implementation of new digital capabilities in creating APIs and micro-services. This person will collaborate with and coordinate the efforts with our business teams (Claims, Customer Experience, Operations, Compliance, Legal, etc.) as appropriate, and with both our consulting and internal IT teams.
Responsibilities * Understand the overall business vision for Claims Digital and work with cross-functional business teams to elicit and define requirements for exposing claims capabilities to create APIs and micro-services. * Manage the requirements gathering process and lead capability requirements sessions. * Develop and communicate business requirements documentation and user stories – including non-functional requirements. * Act as a pseudo (when needed) Product Owner on the agile teams. * Must be able to work in an Agile Development team environment, collaborating with IT and vendor resources to define a solution that supports business processes. * Review work requests and determine impact of product and system changes to existing workflows. * Manage and execute the User Acceptance Test process. * Anticipate, negotiate, and resolve business solution and design issues before they impact project success.
Knowledge of the insurance industry is a plus. The ability to expose requirements through detail questions and propose alternate solutions options is critical.
Successful candidate should:
- Broad business knowledge of P&C, Product Development and Implementation, Operations and Claims, and in-depth knowledge of P&C, Product Development, Operations, Online Systems.
- Experience in Digital transformation type of projects; demonstrated consulting / business analyst experience in complex technology solutions and technology enabled processes.
- Demonstrates higher level analytical skills; can independently identify and propose alternative approaches.
- Strong understanding of the business process and product for their area. Knows where the gaps are in the system support of this process/product. Proactively works with our cross-functional team to suggest solutions that will improve this process/product.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements management and program / project management processes and artifacts.
- Ability to define/document/review/approve Epics, Features, and User Stories that represent system functionality required to support business functions, along with the associated benefits/value for the users.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with the senior leadership team in Small Commercial.
- Results and solution-oriented; can work in an extremely fast-paced environment; strong ability to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives; decisional.
- 5-6 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent written/verbal skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Works successfully in a team environment and independently
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- * Client focused:understanding of the needs of customers and clients Work ethic:a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Claims Digital - Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 329223