Combined Insurance Claims Director- Environmental in United States
This posting is for future possible openings on our Environmental Claims Team in Jersey City, NJ. Candidates with 2-10 years epxerience are encouraged to apply
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Environmental Claim Director is responsible for investigating and settling high exposure, high risk claims while displaying a high level of customer service and claim file quality.
*MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: * * * Duties include, but are not limited to: * Receives assignments and reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy’s obligation to the insured as it relates to first party clean-up activities subject to Federal (RCRA, CWA, CERCLA, and/or CAA) or state law.
· Contacts, interviews and obtains statements (recorded or in person) from insureds, environmental consultants, engineers, attorneys, and experts to secure necessary claim information.
· Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extend of the company’s obligation to the insured under the pollution policy.
· Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, claims position letters, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
· Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes.
· Reviews progress and status of claims with severity exposures.
· Assists manager in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
· Settles claims promptly and equitably.
· Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims. _ _
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: * 8-10 years experience handling pollution related claims related to pollution insurance policies· Advanced knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices, and procedures · Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook · Ability and willingness to travel as needed · Analytical, Detailed Oriented · Customer focus – responsive with an appropriate sense of urgency · Strong Communication Skills - including the ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members; and to present superior written communication to varied audiences. · Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others on an external and internal basis. · Strong Negotiation and Presentation Skills · Ability to work collaboratively, independently and as part of a team. · Self Driven · Ability to Multitask · Ability to adjust and adapt in an ever changing environment · Technically proficient · Committed to high standards of behavior and performance
Title: *Claims Director- Environmental *
Requisition ID: 333645