Combined Insurance Claims Director in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
TheClaims Directoris responsible for managing and adjusting claims pertaining to E&O Professional Liability.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Manage complex professional liability claims across multiple jurisdictions;
* Timely and accurately analyze and address coverage issues under professional liability policies;
* Conduct timely and effective investigations through appropriate use of internal and external resources that are in compliance with Financial Lines Best Practices protocols;
* Effectively document all relevant events in a timely and efficient manner as case facts are developed, to include an evaluation of liability, damages and exposure;
* Set timely and accurate indemnity and expense reserves. Manage reserves throughout the life cycle of each claim with appropriate documentation supporting any reserve changes;
* Complete timely and concise claim reports;
* Oversee defense counsel through effective use of litigation management strategies to include the development of case specific agendas that direct accountability of counsel throughout the life cycle of a claim file;
* Travel to and attend meetings, mediations, settlement conferences and trials as needed;
* Build and maintain relationships with external and internal customers to include insureds, counsel, and producers;
* Proactively manage a claim inventory of primary files in accordance with Financial Lines Best Practices;
* Adhere to all statutory regulations and Unfair Claims Practices Acts requirements.
* This position reports to a line of business Claims Team Leader, Claims Manager or other more senior claims leader.
* Authoritative knowledge of Chubb
* Should have a high degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling claims pertaining to E&O Professional Liability
* Minimum of 5 years in claims handling experience.
* College degree or equivalent business experience.
* Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
* Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
* Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Ability to work with TPA’s and large accounts in a professional manner.
* Authoritative knowledge of Chubb coverage, products, services, and liabilities.
* Should have technical competence in the handling of E&O claims
* J.D. preferred but not required. * Experience in handling claims in all 50 states Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Claims Director
Requisition ID: 328590