Combined Insurance Claims Team Leader - Hertz in United States
ESIS Team Leader - Hertz * * Description
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally. * * KEY OBJECTIVE: * * Supervises and directs the activities of Claims Representatives in the investigation and settlement of claims to assure prompt, efficient and fair claims services. * * *MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: * * Reviews initial notice of claim, determines extent and validity of coverage, and screens for qualification for flow process. Determines measures to be taken in absence of coverage or questionable cases. * Assigns work to subordinate Claims Representatives. Determines and delegates settlement authority to Claims Reps, in conjunction with Unit Manager. Retains higher settlement authority beyond scope of subordinates; may directly settle such cases. Refers cases beyond scope of authority to Unit Managers. * Supervises investigations, and oversees settlement or disposition of claims by assuring prompt contact of insureds and claimants, timely investigation, and equitable settlement. * Establishes loss reserves to reflect probable Company obligation; and reviews and modifies reserves as necessary. * May directly settle claims, depending on office size, territory, and workload. Evaluates work of subordinate Claims Reps on open cases, or at periodic intervals. Provides direction and counsel by identifying areas of improvement needed. * Initiates proceedings for subrogation or recovery. On cases in suit, contacts and directs the activities of Claims Attorney. Negotiates and authorizes settlement. * Participates in human resources processes affecting subordinates in assigned unit, conducts Performance Evaluations, implements training and development, and is cognizant of EEO/Affirmative Action Plans. Participates in salary administration process. Responsible for recruitment and staffing of unit as vacancies occur.
Reports to and receives general direction from the Claims Vice President. Directly supervises three (3) or more Claims Representatives.
The Claims Supervisor has responsibility for all claims settlement within a particular line of business; typically is the top claims specialist in that specific line. Dollar impact will vary by Claim Office.
- High level of technical claims knowledge and competence as evidenced by a minimum of 7 years claims handling experience in specific line of business (i.e. auto/general liability).
- College degree preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement general business and personnel management practices as evidenced by successful completion of management and technical programs, completion of college level curriculum or equivalent related practical work experience. Knowledge of Auto/General Liability cost containment programs and proven account management skills a must.
- Ability to lead change by addressing points of resistance at the team and/or individual level. The ability to independently evaluate and implement claims management Best practices.
- Demonstrates an understanding of team building theory and the techniques of continuous quality improvement and how they apply to ongoing activities.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to coach, develop and lead team members towards successful attainment of goals and objectives
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of an organization both internal and external.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consistent superior service to customers.
Act as a role model for the unit or office, taking on the work that others avoid and holding self and others accountable for high personal standards.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Claims Team Leader - Hertz
Requisition ID: 327209