Combined Insurance Commercial Insurance Underwriter – Chubb Associate Program in United States
Chubb is looking for an aspiring insurance professional with a Bachelor’s Degree to join our Chubb Associate Program as a Multinational P&C Underwriter in our Eastern Underwriting Center in Wilmington, DE.
As the industry leader in Property & Casualty insurance, Chubb is an employer of choice for a student aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company. This is a full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company.
We have designed our Chubb Associate Program to hone your skills and talents and help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Associate Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company.
- Challenging assignments and the opportunity to contribute to the results of a team;
- Business training unique to a career at Chubb;
- Technical training to deepen your skill level within the Multinational discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry;
- Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills;
Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties you will be working toward over the course of your training may include but are not limited to:
· Underwrite individual risks in a high unit volume environment. Evaluate, analyze and quote package renewal submissions consisting of Casualty lines at the core and ancillary/supporting lines of Property, Kidnap & Extortion and Accident & Health
· Comply with Best Underwriting Practices and Legal standards
· Maintain proper electronic file documentation per current procedures
· Handle account portfolio within underwriting authority
· Achieve rate and renewal retention according to business goals
· Identify and pursue account growth through review of insured’s website and application data
· Build and maintain relationships with key brokers/agents within assigned territory
· Integrate special projects and tasks without impacting ability to complete existing workload
· Work effectively as part of a team
We are excited about and committed to the Chubb Associate Program because we believe that we are developing talented professionals with the potential to become Chubb’s leaders of the future.
Demonstrate an aptitude for evaluating, analyzing and interpreting information
- Demonstrate and utilize strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of success with Sales, Marketing, and/or Negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrate potential to be entrepreneurial
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with internal team, field marketing team and Brokers/Agents. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to work independently, self-manage, organize and prioritize work with minimal direction. Perform multiple tasks simultaneously with ability to shift focus quickly.
- Demonstrate adaptability/flexibility
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
Title: Commercial Insurance Underwriter – Chubb Associate Program
Requisition ID: 320495