Combined Insurance Counsel in United States
Combined Insurance, a Chubb company, is seeking an attorney to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and helping provide them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most.
Combined Insurance provides supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products to a diverse group of clients in North America.
Come build -your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals – just like you!
We seek highly motivated individuals to join our team who exhibit the best-in-class competencies listed below and embody the Office of General Counsel culture.
- We deliver high quality work product, services and solutions that demonstrate understanding of the needs and requirements of our business partners and support achievement of team goals.
- We adapt to changing business needs and environments through a proactive, flexible approach that achieves results and strikes the proper balance among all constituencies.
- We demonstrate character, integrity and professionalism, both within a team environment in Office of General Counsel and in fulfilling our responsibilities to our business partners.
- We build collaborative, trusting relationships with team members and business partners through superior communication skills, empathy and respect.
We independently manage work responsibilities through commitment, dedication and accountability, and display an on-going commitment to self-improvement.
Counsel will report to and assist the Managing Counsel with legal issues that scan the entire business. This position will include providing legal advice on claims issues, insurance licensing matters, policyholder queries, and training, marketing and advertising reviews.. Tasks will include performing legal research, identifying new or emerging areas of risk, and managing or providing support on specific legal topics. Collaboration and working in a team environment with marketing, product development, business counsel, policyholder services, actuarial, and other constituencies are essential.
· Counsel and communicate effectively with internal business clients regarding a wide range of matters.
· Review insurance advertising / marketing and social media to maintain compliance with consumer protection and insurance laws.
· Provide legal advice and support business compliance with internal policies and procedures.
· Assist Policy Filings and Policyholder Services with various inquiries / issues.
· Research and provide legal advice on diverse federal, state and local laws as well as insurance laws and regulations.
· Participate in meetings and other forums with members of various business units.
· Some contract and subpoena / document request review.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and admitted to practice in at least one state bar.
· 1-3 years of experience preferably in a law firm or corporate environment.
· Strong business acumen and strategic thinker.
· Enthusiasm for working in a team-oriented, dynamic environment.
· Strong verbal communication, writing, training, and team/interpersonal skills.
· Detail-oriented, organized, responsive and deadline-driven.
· Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of high priority projects simultaneously.
· Bilingual – Reading and Writing (English / Spanish).
As a Combined/Chubb corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Chubb is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
A company-match 401(k) plan
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, the Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , LinkedIn , and Google
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition ID: 330146