Combined Insurance DNS Support Engineer in United States
Position Summary: The position sits within the CHUBB North America Network Operations team, providing network support (switching, routing, Wi-Fi, Load-balancing, etc..) in all NA CHUBB sites and data centers. The Senior DDI administrator would require at least 8 to 10 years of directly related experience supporting DDI operations and engineering.
Seeking motivated technical professionals who specialize in providing Enterprise DDI and related services to CHUBB's internal and external partners and clients with a focus on stability and performance. The position holder will be primarily focused on performing analytical, investigative and operational functions on CHUBB DDI environment; activities include operation and maintenance of DDI platforms, monitoring, alerting, availability, and recovery. * * Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Investigation and diagnosis of incidents and problems relating to DDI and related services.
- Ensure the platforms and services are managed and maintained.
- Help Identify and manage risks within the DDI platform.
- Working with Architecture, Engineering & Operations leads and technical specialists, as well as professional services staff from our vendors to implement the plan to deliver a strategic DDI platform and migrate all in-scope services from existing platforms.
- Ensure that system improvements and changes are implemented and monitor effects of modifications.
- Define the capacity and performance standards, metrics and thresholds and help build the instrumentation to effectively manage the environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Extensive and recent experience of DNS in a large enterprise (Configuration and Management)
- In-depth knowledge of DNS, NTP, IPAM, BIND, and DHCP.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving, and the ability to, and the ability to debug complex-cross systems problems, and document root cause including remediation and detection
- Demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of technology towers i.e.: Storage, Virtualization, Intel, Networking, Data Center Migration and Disaster Recovery
- Knowledge of risk and controls landscape, ensuring company-wide standards are met
- Participate in change and incident management
- Nice to have experience with Infoblox, Microsoft DNS, Dyn, VMWare Automation products (vRO, vRA)
- Hands on experience with Python and APIs
- Self-driven with the ability to manage workload without direct supervision
- Anticipating potential problems and acting to minimize the impact they may have on the project or unit
- Ability to collaborate with different technology towers to achieve common goals
- Ability to manage multiple stands of work simultaneously.
- Executes within a customer-centric environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: DNS Support Engineer
Requisition ID: 333422