Combined Insurance ESIS - Sr. Claims Representative in United States
ESIS, the risk management services company of Chubb, is seeking an experienced Senior Claims Representative to handle commercial automobile and general liability claims for our client accounts.
The Senior Claims Representative, under the direction of the Claims Team Leader, investigates and settles claims promptly, equitably and within established best practices guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Under limited supervision, receives assignments and reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy’s obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
* Contacts, interviews and obtains statements (recorded or in person) from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
* Depending on line of business may inspect and appraise damage for property losses or arranges for such appraisal.
* Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extend of the company’s obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
* Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
* Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Team Leader.
* Reviews progress and status of claims with Team Leader and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions. * Prepares and submits to Team Leader unusual or possible undesirable exposures.
* Assists Team Leader in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
* Settles claims promptly and equitably.
* Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims.
* Informs claimants, insureds/customers or attorney of denial of claim when applicable. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: * 3 or more years’ experience handling claims as evidenced by career progression within the company or similar organization. * Ability to work independently with limited direction from a Team Leader.
* Authoritative technical knowledge of claims handling and claims terminologies.
* Superior negotiation skills. * Strong communication and interpersonal skills to be capable of dealing with claimants, customers, insureds, brokers, attorneys etc. in a positive manner concerning losses.
* Strong knowledge of the company’s products, services, coverage’s and policy limits, along with a solid understanding of claims best practices. * Commanding knowledge of applicable state and local laws related to line of business handled. * Superior customer service skills /Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: ESIS - Sr. Claims Representative
Requisition ID: 327707