Combined Insurance Field CAT Adjuster in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
CAT Property Claims Adjuster
As a member of the dedicated National Catastrophe Team, this position requires dedication to providing exceptional outcomes and the requirement to work weekends during CAT events.
- This is a remote position that can sit anywhere in the continental US, though proximity to major metropolitan areas and air transportation is preferred.
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex , and large field property Claims. Typically of <$100,000 in damages. Manage routine litigation.
- Verify/analyze coverage.
- Proper use and management of outside vendors, consultants, field investigations and expert witnesses; audit and reconcile costs and fees. Refer cases to appropriate legal resources.
- Adhere to litigation management guidelines, manage legal expenses.
- Obtain and document information on the circumstances of the case, and obtain supporting evidence of losses and coverages.
- Set initial reserve and continue evaluation as facts change, making changes or recommendations for reserve changes.
Establish and execute action plan/strategy with supervisor input.
2 years outside property claims experience handling similar claims is needed for this position.
- Knowledge of claims handling procedures, philosophy, legal concepts, terminology, financial concepts for reserving, & determining losses, negotiation & settlement techniques.
- Interpersonal & communication skills to work effectively in a team environment by applying the Business Practices and Shared Values.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to work in a highly productive environment.
- Utilize computer systems including Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, Lotus Notes. Experience with Xactimate or Symbility Estimating platform strongly recommended.
- Strong in person customer service and telephone skills is a must.
- Construction knowledge preferred
Ability to work independently.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply
Title: Field CAT Adjuster
Requisition ID: 317650