Combined Insurance Finance Process Improvement & Internal Reporting AVP in United States
/Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally./
_SUMMARY _ This position is an excellent opportunity to work closely with various finance units, including external and internal financial reporting, reinsurance, investments and financial systems departments, on a wide variety of continuous projects and processes. Successful candidates will receive competitive compensation, the challenge of working across many departments, a vast variety of experiences and the opportunity to work in this world recognized leader in the insurance industry. We offer an opportunity to learn about both the organization and the industry while applying accounting, finance, reinsurance and actuarial concepts and theories.
_RELATIONSHIP & SCOPE _ The AVP of Finance Process Improvement & Internal Reporting will generally report to the VP of Finance Data Management & Process Improvement and will be responsible for evaluating, prioritizing, designing, and implementing various process improvement initiatives across the finance function, while managing various internal reporting deliverables during the quarterly financial close. This candidate will interact with a diverse group of internal personnel, including other financial professionals, technology experts, and functional staff to manage process improvement efforts and recurring deliverables.
_DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES _
* Manage external and internal resources to document and understand a diverse array of finance processes.
* Evaluate existing processes and develop implementation plans to improve efficiency and effectiveness while adding value to the organization through enhanced analytics.
* Work closely with functional owners, senior management, and technology experts to develop and manage detailed project plans.
* Report on project status, key milestones/risks/dependencies, and results achieved to senior management.
* Overall review and approval of financial work products for staff
* Research financial drivers, variances and out-of-balances by querying system databases, analyzing PeopleSoft accounts and reports, and communicating with business contacts
* Review and approve journal entries and follow-up with any remediation action
* Prepare and review internal reporting deliverables including Balance Sheet flux and associated commentary
* Apply resource management and technology solutions to enhance existing processes.
* Standardize processes, deliverables, and technology/data utilization across various areas of finance.
* Influence change across key constituents; remove obstacles to achieve objectives.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, major in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly desirable
* 9 years in progressively responsible leadership roles with familiarity in operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations * Comprehensive experience in finance and a strong working knowledge of financial systems is preferred * Insurance experience, preferably experience working with a commercial P&C, Life, or A&H carrier * Public Accounting experience and CPA designation preferred * Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses * High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. * Project Management experience a plus * Mastery of end user applications (e.g., Microsoft products such as Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Access) and proficiency in Cognos and TM1
/*Required Personal Skills: */ * Strong communication and interpersonal skills * Strong leadership skills * Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines * Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work independently * Ability to identify priorities and manage time efficiently * Ability to work effectively and influence with all levels throughout a large organization * Enthusiastic self-starter * Critical thinking skills * Demonstrates integrity and dedication
/Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. /
Please direct any questions regarding this opportunity to Megan Furlano at Megan.Furlano@chubb.com.
Title: Finance Process Improvement & Internal Reporting AVP
Requisition ID: 318339