Combined Insurance Finance Transformation Analyst (IFRS 17 and Subledger Implementation) in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded P&C insurance company and the largest commercial insurer in the U.S. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Limited, the parent company of Chubb, is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London, Paris and other locations, and employs more than 30,000 people worldwide.
IFRS 17 is an international insurance accounting standard change that impacts the statutory financial reporting for a number of Chubb entities in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Eurasia, Africa & Canada (not Europe). As part of its IFRS17 program, Chubb is in the midst of rolling out a new finance system to comply with IFRS 17 using a central and local team approach. A pilot of the finance system is underway with future roll outs to countries and regions expected in future years.· Contributes to the definition and documentation of detailed business requirements for the new accounting and reporting solution · Works closely with the accounting policy and actuarial workstreams to ensure the solution meets the business requirements · Works closely with the regions and countries to support and develop their understanding of the central accounting & reporting solution · Responsibilities include modelling business requirements and lifecycle use cases as a basis for configuring the new accounting and reporting solution. · Responsibilities include the design, planning and execution of the new accounting and reporting solution both from a functional and user perspective · Support and investigates system tests · Works with central and local project management, central and relevant local workstreams to support planning and execution of delivery plans · Actively supports the transition of knowledge of the new across the global organization · Insurance product knowledge and associated accounting expertise · Experience in Regulatory/accounting transformation/conversion · Understanding of finance architecture and data flows · Business analysis skills – including structured documentation and accounting modelling · Process analysis skills · Trained in Aptitude Software products is a plus
· IFRS knowledge and/or US GAAP accounting (e.g. IFRS 4, IFRS 17, US GAAP, LDTI)
· IFRS and/or GAAP conversion experience
· Financial reporting knowledge
· Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
· Technical understanding of key areas of composite and/or life insurance
· Interest and drive to support and be involved in the longer-term strategic Finance Transformation, LDTI, IFRS change initiatives
· Preferred professional qualification in accounting or actuarial (Chartered accountant or Member of an Actuarial Association)
· Communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to communicate and influence senior stakeholders
· Able to manage senior stakeholders
· Able to work in a matrix management environment
Work Experience Requirements
· Preferably 7-10 years’ relevant experience in the insurance sector.
· Knowledge of insurance processes related to accounting, reporting, actuarial risk, operational and financial processes and requirements.
· Ideally understanding of IFRS17 requirements and impacts on business functions and technology infrastructure.
· Knowledge of the Insurance business lines, programs and external environments would be an advantage.
· Experience operating in a global environment with exposure to business and IT project delivery
· Preferred Bachelor’s degree in accounting, statistics, economics or related.
· Bring analytical rigor, structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems applying common sense and lateral thinking.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Finance Transformation Analyst (IFRS 17 and Subledger Implementation)
Requisition ID: 333334