Vinnell Arabia Fires WfF Assistant SME in United States
Assistant Training Developer – Mentor/Trainer (TD-M/T) Fires Warfighting Function (WfF) Subject Matter Expert (SME) who mentors, trains, and assists Ministry of the National Guard brigade and battalion battle staffs during the order development process and with the organization and function of the command posts centers. Emphasizes training in fire related tasks and systems, lethal and non-lethal effects, in support of conventional and internals security operations. Assists with the development and maintenance of the Leader Training Program (LTP) and its associated products such as scenarios, operation orders, programs of instruction, lesson plans, and other documents used during battle staff training from a Fires WfF perspective. Assists in the planning, coordination, and execution of command post and field training exercises. Performs other duties as directed by the Principal Fires WfF SME.
- Assists the Principal Fires SME with the development of programs of instruction, lesson plans, training aids, training publications, and other products in support of the Leader Training Program.
- Assists in the development of operations plans, orders, and graphics with particular emphasis on fires-related products.
- Assists in the planning, preparation, and execution of collective training programs requested by the Ministry of National Guard and approved by the Office of Program Management.
- Coaches and mentors battle staffs during the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP), focusing on the Fires Warfighting Function.
- Coaches and mentors battle staffs on the integration of all Warfighting Functions during the Rapid Decision Making and Synchronization Process.
- Coaches and mentors battle staffs and senior leaders on the integration of Warfighting Functions throughout the activities of the operations process (plan, prepare, execute, assess).
- Coaches and mentors battle staffs on Tactical Operations Center organization and functions.
- Assists with the preparation of Joint Training Plan Outlines (JTPO), training concept briefs, training schedules, and other planning documents.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Leader Training Program (LTP).
- Performs duties of Observer Controller - Trainer during exercises as required.
- Performs functions as a member of the exercise control group as required.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
B. Independence: Performs duties under the general supervision of the Principal Fires Mentor/Trainer. Performs tasks within broad objectives IAW approved doctrine with a significant choice of methods to achieve desired results.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises one interpreter/translator during the conduct of training.
A. Education Level: College graduate with Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred. ILE (CGSC) graduate with minimum Brigade/Battalion Fires Planning required.
B. Experience: Former MAJ or above required; former battalion commander preferred. Required Fires battalion/brigade experience; required former Fires Officer. Minimum of ten years Fires experience required. Previous brigade and above battle staff experience required. Experience in Full Spectrum Operations doctrine development, training and/or operations, CTC or Operational Deployment experience preferred.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability, requirements: Has in-depth knowledge of tactical fires, operations and command and control. Conversant in training techniques for Full Spectrum Operations. A leader, coach, and mentor who understands training doctrine, policies, procedures, and techniques. Communicates effectively verbally and in writing. MS Windows 10 and MS Office 2016 proficient. Possesses a valid driver’s license.
Category: Unit Training