Vinnell Arabia Flight Operations Specialist in United States
Subject matter expert in Aviation Flight Operations tasks specific to US Army aviation platforms in both a training and operational environment. Executes daily airfield tasks in support of all operations of Customer Rotary Wing Operations. Supports airfield flight operations and support activities to ensure safe and effective training and operations.
- Responsible for assisting the Flight Operations Manager in the execution of airfield flight operations tasks and execution of all functions, activities, and flight operations procedures in support of rotary wing operations. Responsible for supporting the safe operation, employment, maintenance, and flight procedures of rotary wing aircraft. The ability to accomplish the following:
- Execute Flight planning, filing, related activities in support of Customer and contractor training, operations.
- Possess the ability to manage automated flight record systems as appropriate
- Execution of policies, procedures, and standards for airfield operations.
- Monitor and operate various communications systems used for communication with aircraft flight crews, emergency response crews, refuel, security forces, and air traffic control.
- Provide technical expertise during complex deployments and exercises.
- Provide support for aircrews in the filing of flight plans, FLIP requisitioning, clearances, and weather support.
- Respond to and manage airfield aircraft emergency and accidents/incidents, and downed aircraft recovery missions.
- Inspects and/or checks condition of runways, taxiways, and aprons for flying safety hazards to include compliance with airfield criteria, aircraft foreign object damage and bird aircraft strike hazards.
- Maintains documentation of shift events, traffic logs, and other necessary forms to document coordination of airfield/aircraft activities.
- Provide flight records management for flight crewmembers rated and non-rated.
B. Independence: Reports to the applicable section manager under the Brigade Support Operations Manager. Works within the rules and regulations of Army Airfield Flight Operations guidelines. Authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: As assigned by the manager.
A. Education Level: Required: High School Graduate. Associates degree preferred. Required: Graduate of the US Army Flight Operations Specialist Course (15P/93P or DoD equivalent).
B. Experience: 4 Years’ experience in Aviation Operations. Preferred: E5 and above
C. Specific knowledge, skills, ability: Must possess an understanding of Aviation Operations specific to rotary wing aircraft. Demonstrated performance in Aviation Operations activities from previous job positions. A working knowledge of the employment of weather and ATC support in airfield operations. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written. Ability to deal effectively with people in the supervision of personnel. Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner. Possess a valid driver’s license.
Category: Aviation Training & Support