Combined Insurance Head of Technology, eCommerce North America in United States
About Chubb Digital At Chubb, we believe that the experience is the product; as such, customer experience and a digital-by-default strategy is at the heart of everything we do. As part of our growing Digital Business, you’ll be welcomed into a highly competent, lively and supportive environment where your voice matters. With a focus on collaborative working, we are looking for ambitious and experienced digital talent to ensure we’re creating the best new service-based products and experiences for our customers.
Who We Are Chubb’s e-Consumer group is a start-up business within Chubb North America. Our mandate is to build and grow a diverse portfolio of direct to consumer insurance products aimed at millennials, which are delivered in a super-smart environment that provides intelligent advice, services, and products at the right place and the right time. These are the products and innovations of future Chubb, built today.
Our technology leverages the evolving insuretech industry to provide an exceptional end-to-end experience for our customers. Our products and services are designed to solve the challenges of living in the modern world. In 2020, we will build our small and nimble team and technology to launch our first product, and then we turn on the gas.
The e-Consumer group leader has 15 years of founder/CEO experience in the Insurtech industry with success in growing a fully digital insurance business from an idea to a VC-funded start-up to a high growth company. You will be a senior leader in a tight knit team who comes to work every day to make a significant impact on Chubb.
This position is based in Miami, FL at a yet-to-be-determined location outside of the Chubb Miami offices.
Who You Are Our Head of Technology is a change catalyst who will impact the way we serve our customers through innovation and insight. You will directly participate in the transformation of the US insurance industry across all our markets and geographies.
You work closely with the e-Commerce group head, product owners, and IT and Ops groups in defining strategic priorities, resource allocation, risk and controls, and efficiencies, with a particular focus on technological innovation to dramatically improve the customer experience.
You are responsible for managing multiple projects and ensuring high quality project delivery is on time and on budget.
What You Will Do
- Provide a disruptive, forward-looking mindset, challenging the status quo, and articulately communicate with and inspire our team and various levels of management in the Chubb mothership, to achieve an aggressive technological transformational agenda
- Lead, execute, and collaborate with key business stakeholders
- Build an Agile/Adaptive culture/team, managing digital development projects with evolving requirements but fixed timescales
- Lead scrum teams to develop end-to-end digital solutions. Develop small, incremental releases and iterate, focusing on prototyping and frequent delivery of products
- Ensure testing is integrated throughout the project lifecycle, testing-early-and-often, and constantly involving users
- Deliver radical results in short term periods, driving technology innovation in new digital product development
- Ensure tight alignment between technology roadmap to business strategy
- You will manage, teach, and mentor a growing engineering team of 2 at the start (Mid-Sr level)
*What We Are Looking For *
- 15 years of progressive senior technology leadership experience leading cutting-edge technology efforts, ideally in the financial sector or mid-size Fintech companies. Significant digital experience in other industries will be valued as well
- Track record of delivering innovative technology that has created significant business and customer impact
- Scrum Master or Product Owner experience. Expert in using agile methodology and cutting-edge digital trends to develop end-to-end, large scale technology solutions for clients. Success stories improving client experience through digital innovation
- Superior change leadership and people management skills
- Experience in cloud-minded design, tool standardization, and automated delivery
- Forward looking with high levels of flexibility and ability/preference to work in uncertain, ambiguous and constantly changing contexts
- Proficiency in dealing with senior stakeholders including Business and Function Heads at Global and Regional levels, and Executive Committee
- Strong credibility, influence, and leadership skills. Proven ability to sell an idea and influence direction; outstanding negotiation and communication skills
- Proven sound judgment and integrity. Track record of operating in the best interest of all stakeholders, effectively managing risk-rewards with the highest ethical standards
- Exceptional ability to engage with assigned teams, manage them through specific deliveries & clear goals, and create collaboration to achieve results
- Capable of thinking strategically and being able to execute tactically. Ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume, high-speed environment.
*Other Details *
- Experience and proven delivery trumps any qualifications
- Experience in building businesses and running startups by bootstrapping and growth hacking beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering, or a related field a good start /Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Head of Technology, eCommerce North America
Requisition ID: 330920