Vinnell Arabia Instructor, ELTS in United States
Teaches the English language and American culture to MNG personnel to assist them in achieving the mission-goal of English language qualification.
- Teaches English to MNG personnel, to include:
- Preparation of daily lesson plans.
- Development of supplementary materials.
- Use of appropriate techniques in the classroom.
- Assigning and grading homework.
- Providing remedial instruction when required.
- Follows Vinnell and ELTS administrative regulations.
- Meets established deadlines.
- Presents a neat, professional appearance in the workplace.
- Demonstrates a positive, constructive attitude toward the job, fellow workers, and the ELTS.
- Demonstrates initiative and professionalism in the solving of pedagogical and administrative problems.
- Substitutes for the Principal Trainer when required.
- Performs other mission- or administrative-related duties as required or assigned.
B. Independence: Works under the general guidance of the Chief, ELTS and Principal Trainers, ELTS.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
A. Education Level: In order of preference: 1) M.A. in teaching English as a Second Language or Education; 2) B.A. or B.S. in Linguistics; 3) B.A or B.S. in English or a foreign language. 4) B.A. or B.S. in any discipline plus a Certification in Teaching English as a foreign or second language.
*b. Experience: *Minimum two years teaching English as a foreign language or second language.
*C. Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements: *Native speaker of the American language; training at American universities; ability to teach and evaluate students effectively; skill in managing a class; skill in using language lab equipment; skill in using SMART Boards. Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Professional software.
Category: English Language Training Section