Combined Insurance Intern, Westchester in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Within our division we are a P&C business unit is a service focused, high speed, high volume, fast paced environment that specializes in the small business segment. In a competitive and high transaction market an “Agent First” experience is an essential part of the experience Micro strives to provide to its Agents & Brokers.
This position serves as an integral member of the team by supporting our Associate Underwriting team with basic underwriting responsibilities and operational tasks. Provide day to day service performing tasks including, but not limited to:
· Policy maintenance (midterm) & servicing of accounts, resolving basic underwriting issues, and executing workflow procedures to ensure that ACE agents & brokers have a superior service experience.
· Provide service, responsiveness and ease of doing business in accordance with published business unit service level agreements.
· Collaborate with both internal and external customers.
· Utilize Excel to capture and organize data and reporting.
· Documenting work flow and processes.
· Statutory practices
· Working on Special Projects
- MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Position will be responsible for the following activities.
· Follow-up on outstanding underwriting documentation.
· Provide support to underwriting by performing a variety of data collection and file preparation work.
· Utilize Excel to organize and format data for renewal policies
· Serve as a liaison between underwriting and third party vendor for inspection ordering while handling the workflow for the inspection process.
· Ensuring that all brokers doing business with us are licensed to do so and follow up for required license information.
· Data entry across various systems.
· Manage reported system defects, updates and enhancements
· Saving document to our central document repository system.
· Perform other essential duties and special projects as assigned.
C. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including, but not limited to customer service and phone skills
· Demonstrate superior problem solving skills
· Strong team orientation and collaboration skills
· Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and ability to use other business related software, systems, and automated tools
· Results oriented
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment, independently with moderate guidance and supervision
· Demonstrates solid understanding of basic exposure/control analysis and coverage
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Intern, Westchester
Requisition ID: 331630