Combined Insurance Jr. Software Engineer - Technology Associate Program in United States
Chubb is looking for individuals passionate about technology to join our Technology Associate Program (TAP). The Technology Associate Program is a two year program geared to early career professionals to help them develop expertise and technical acumen as a technologist. By joining the Technology Associate Program, you will be offered the following:
- Technical training to enhance your skills within your chosen discipline
- Business acumen and professional development training specific to IT and an understanding of our broader industry
- IT Mentorship Program
- Networking opportunities with IT and Business leaders and TAP associate peers.
The Jr. Software Engineer will assist in developing the next generation user interfaces, apps and APIs. This role will be a contributor to agile teams by providing services that ensure Chubb is aligning technology efforts with business information needs. The person selected will learn agile methodology of software development, web application development, API development using the latest technologies and framework like Angular, ExtJS, C#, Microsoft Azure etc.
What about you? * You are highly collaborative, creative, and intellectually curious individual who is passionate about software engineering and supporting cutting-edge computing capabilities. * You are able work well, both individually and within a team. * You are adaptable and able to overcome technical challenges * You are a self-starter and motivated to learn and succeed.
- Works with the business and technology team members to identify opportunities for improvement, and to validate, refine and prioritize user stories.
- Participates in design and code reviews, performance tests, test automation, and unit test strategies.
- Collaborates with peers and learn from existing solutions
- Provide strong support in cultivating an environment that encourages the use of data to support problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation.
- Works in a scrum environment to ensure quick delivery Desired Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required.
- Energetic, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-national work environment.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Exposure or experience with Node.JS.
- Exposure or experience with Services/APIs
- Experience in developing apps in Cloud Platforms such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of the SAFe Agile development methodology
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Jr. Software Engineer - Technology Associate Program
Requisition ID: 331901
Other Locations: USA-New Jersey-Whitehouse Station