Combined Insurance Management Liability Underwriter in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This position supports the achievement of established goals related to profitable growth, customer service, and maintaining producer relationships of the Underwriting Service Branch (USB). Key functions include underwriting, financial analysis, and servicing of assigned book of business.
The management liability underwriter builds strong customer relationships to ensure a positive customer experience for USB accounts. The underwriting function is based on analysis of appropriate information, compliance with underwriting guidance, and developing a renewal strategy. The underwriter utilizes automated systems for underwriting analysis, claims analysis, and communication.
Requisite knowledge, skills and experience for this role are outlined below:
- Proven multi-tasking, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Strong computer proficiency including the ability to process a large volume of business on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated financial and analytical skills with the proven ability to make expedient and sound decisions.
- Strong track record in delivering timely quality service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated success in negotiation and building collaborative relationships.
- Works effectively as part of a team; ability to balance team and individual goals.
- Demonstrates flexibility by handling day-to-day frustrations / uncertainties and adapting to new technology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service and/or insurance experience preferred.
- Goal oriented and results driven.
- Gathering and analyzing information to determine risk acceptability.
- Strong analytical skills required with the proven ability to make expedient and sound decisions, as well as taking initiative.
Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability
Industry experience preferable
Bachelor’s Degree in finance or business is preferred.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Title: Management Liability Underwriter
Requisition ID: 317383