Combined Insurance Media & LPL Claim Director in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Our award winning Claim Department has an exciting career opportunity for an individual who enjoys independent problem solving and utilization of their interpersonal and collaboration skills to build relationships with insureds, agents and internal business partners.
The job responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Manage complex professional liability claims across multiple jurisdictions
- Timely and accurately analyze and address coverage issues under Media and Lawyers Liability policies
- Conduct timely and effective investigations through appropriate use of internal and external resources that are in compliance with Financial Lines Best Practices protocols
- Effectively document all relevant events in a timely and efficient manner as case facts are developed, to include an evaluation of liability, damages and exposure
- Set timely and accurate indemnity and expense reserves. Manage reserves throughout the life cycle of each claim with appropriate documentation supporting any reserve changes
- Complete timely and concise claim reports
- Oversee defense counsel through effective use of litigation management strategies to include the development of case specific agendas that direct accountability of counsel throughout the life cycle of a claim file
- Travel to and attend meetings, mediations, settlement conferences and trials as needed
- Build and maintain relationships with external and internal customers to include insureds, counsel, and producers
- Proactively manage a claim inventory of primary files in accordance with Financial Lines Best Practices
Adhere to all statutory regulations and Unfair Claims Practices Acts requirements.
Demonstrated ability to deliver high caliber customer claim service
- Strong listening and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of and attention to detail in, insurance coverage and contracts
- Strong investigative and analytical skills
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills to manage a claim inventory independently with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and maintain business relationships with a wide spectrum of people internally and externally
Strong collaboration skills
Education & Experience:
Juris Doctorate a plus,not required
Errors & Omissions claims experience a plus
Travel will be required.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Media & LPL Claim Director
Requisition ID: 328065