Vinnell Arabia Movement and Maneuver (M&M) WfF Assistant SME in United States
Assistant Training Developer – Mentor/Trainer Movement and Maneuver Warfighting Function (WfF) Subject Matter Expert (SME)) who mentors, trains, and assists Ministry of the National Guard brigade and battalion battle staffs during the order development process and with the organization and function of command posts. Assists the principal Movement and Maneuver WfF SME with the development of a leader-training program, emphasizing training in movement and maneuver related tasks and planning, battle-tracking and decision-making processes required to deploy, move, and maneuver forces. Assists the Principal Movement and Maneuver SME in development of operation orders and products used during battle staff training. Assists in the planning, coordination, and execution of command post and field training exercises. Performs other duties as directed by the Principal Movement and Maneuver WfF SME.
- Assists the Principal Movement and Maneuver SME with the development of programs of instruction, lesson plans, training aids, training publications, and other products in support of the Leader Training Program.
- Assists in the development of operations plans, orders, and graphics with particular emphasis on movement and maneuver-related products.
- Assists in the planning, preparation, and execution of collective training programs requested by the Ministry of National Guard and approved by the Office of Program Management.
- Coaches and mentors battle staffs during the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP), focusing on the Movement and Maneuver Warfighting Function.
- Coaches and mentors battle staffs on the integration of all Warfighting Functions during the Rapid Decision Making and Synchronization Process.
- Coaches and mentors battle staffs and senior leaders on the integration of Warfighting Functions throughout the activities of the operations process (plan, prepare, execute, assess).
- Coaches and mentors battle staffs on Tactical Operations Center organization and functions.
- Assists with the preparation of Joint Training Plan Outlines (JTPO), training concept briefs, training schedules, and other planning documents.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Leader Training Program (LTP).
- Performs duties of Observer Controller - Trainer during exercises as required.
- Performs functions as a member of the exercise control group as required.
- Performs other functions as required.
B. Independence: Performs duties under the general supervision of the Principal Movement and Maneuver Mentor/Trainer. Performs tasks within broad objectives IAW approved doctrine with a significant choice of methods to achieve desired results.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises one interpreter/translator during the conduct of training.
A. Education Level: College graduate with Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred. CCC graduate required, ILE (CGSC) graduate with minimum Brigade/Battalion maneuver and operations planning preferred.
B. Experience: Former combat arms field grade officer (Infantry, Armor, Field Artillery preferred) with a minimum of six years’ experience in movement and maneuver planning and operations at the battalion or above level. Experienced in developing or assisting in the development of plans and orders utilizing the Military Decision Making Process. Experience with developing and facilitating leader training. Experience with foreign military and culture. Former CPT required; MAJ or LTC preferred.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, ability requirements: Possess in-depth movement, maneuver, and operations knowledge and expertise. Knowledge of the order development process to include Military Decision Making Process and the Rapid Decision Making and Synchronization Process. Ability to mentor and train Ministry of the National Guard officers in the movement and maneuver warfighting function. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to interact with U.S. Army and MNG Officers. MS Windows and MS Office proficient. Possess a valid driver’s license.
Category: Unit Training